Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple accounts

Options
  • 10-02-2008 6:50pm

It seems to me that there are some users who either have one track minds or they have aliases.

What I mean is that some users only post in one forun and nowhere else!

I won't give examples but I'm sure many of you could think of some yourselves.

The point is, I thought that is was against the rules and a sitebanning offence to run more than one account?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

its a Grey Area,

Like, some people have 2 accounts For PI, for example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Maybe some people actually only have an interest in one particular forum. Just because someone keeps to one interest doesn't mean they are a second account.

Anyway, running more than one account is really only utterly against the rules when used to circumvent a ban, or to try to act the muppet without being caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I don't see a problem with it. I have 3 accounts, this one, Pighead and DeVore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

jimbo78 wrote: »
    I don't see a problem with it. I have 3 accounts, this one, Pighead and DeVore

No I am DeVore. You imposter!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

im spartacus
    no,im spartacus
    no,im spartacus
    no,im briam nolan.
    lol,wut?

maybe people also have other accounts for threads they dont want family and friends to see?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

dolanbaker wrote: »
    What I mean is that some users only post in one forun and nowhere else!
    There are very few people who post in every forum. Gordon aside, people will naturally have more interest in some things than others.

You might also be surprised how long it takes people to realise there are more forums than whatever first brought them here.

Most users will stick to a handful of forums.
    dolanbaker wrote: »
    The point is, I thought that is was against the rules and a sitebanning offence to run more than one account?
    Not having catholic tastes but rather preferring a small number of topics has never been against the rules, neither has having a duplicate account.

Using a duplicate account to troll, or to get around a ban, is however against the rules. S-mods are quite likely to lean towards not giving a troll the benefit of the doubt and banning at least the account in question, in cases of trolling.

Advertisement