Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An open email to the Chelsea podcast

• 10-02-2008 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

FYI
    Subject was Chelsea 0 0 Liverpool - The Benny Hill show..

Hi - I'm not gonna pull any punches here so here goes..
    I just watched the worst football match in my 17 years of watching the game.
    Not only do Chelsea not deserve to win the league, they don't deserve to finish in the top 4 ,
    in fact going on that match alone, they don't deserve to be in the premiership.

I think Scunthorpe could play better than that .. even Havant & W'looville can put 2 past Liverpool -- in Anfield.

Unlucky about the penalty .. but in a game where they had 0 (ZERO) shots on target .. I think there is a lot more
    to worry about.

absolute rubbish of the highest order.. I have always stuck by Chelsea but after this
    rubbish - It felt more like the Benny Hill Show then a premier league match - I'd nearly
    just ignore all matches from now on.

Please read this on your podcast, It's easy to dismiss it as negative but believe me a lot more
    chelsea fans feel the same way.

Regards

Unhappy fan!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Was that written by you? It seems unclear. Either way it sounds like it was. I'm sick of your kneejerk threads every time Chelsea drop points anyway. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Troll(and I hate that word) tbh

Only problem is that there is no Chelsea fans on here to wind up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

himarious the fact that chelsea fans are so **** and the fact that liverpool played better and didnt allow chelsea to play the way they usually do,chelsea didnt play to badly,liverpool didnt allow them to play,if anything pool deserved to win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i must agree tho, its one of the worst games of football ive ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Chelsea and Liverpool have been borefests since 2004 so no surprise for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

pretty scrappy game alright but in fairness jackdaw, this is the worst of your negative posts. dont deserve to be in th premiership? they're coming off the back of 9wins and a draw...and just carried on their incredible unbeaten home run. Utd lost today, should they be chucked out of the league too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

It was better than any of champions league semi's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

they dont deserve to be in the premiership?
    four years unbeaten at home begs to differ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

dc69 wrote: »
    himarious the fact that chelsea fans are so **** and the fact that liverpool played better and didnt allow chelsea to play the way they usually do,chelsea didnt play to badly,liverpool didnt allow them to play,if anything pool deserved to win

I agree Pool did deserve to win,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Isnt Grants record better than Joses when he came?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Utd lost today, should they be chucked out of the league too?

that would be great!! anyone ever do that in football manager, relegate united to the championship with the editor and watch all hell break loose!?

chelsea = boring, like old arsenal teams
    liverpool = play for draw, come on draw, ITS A DRAW!!
    united = while i dont like them, never have, never will, i'll gladly watch them play ahead of the above two!!

SPURS FOR THE CUP!!! just hope chelsea dont bore me to death...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Isnt Grants record better than Joses when he came?

equal after 30 games

So then Jackdaw.... If Jose is so great, Grant is so ****e, why are their records the same? please explain. . . . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I find this open letter a bit puzzling considering its posted in a forum Chelsea staff definitely have no interest in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Mr Alan wrote: »
    So then Jackdaw.... If Jose is so great, Grant is so ****e, why are their records the same? please explain. . . . . . .

On sky yesterday John Terry (chelseas 3rd best centreback) said grant has not brought in any new tactics, but has decided to keep everything a sit was under mourinho and to bring in his new tactics next year.

so basically he is saying carry on as the special one thought you.

as the special one thought you?

were all these players groomed by Jose in the Chelsea reserves/youths over the years?

These players know exactly what they are doing. Jose "tactically" has been found wanting on more than one occassion in his life. And since leaving, Chelsea have been as good/better than they were under him.

Grant deserves a little respect from Chelsea fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Personally I think it is hilarious.

I wonder who all these life long (Well, four years anyway) Chelsea fans are going to support now. I hear the prawn sandwiches atVilla Park are nice these days:D

Grant isn't too bad, in fact he is one of the reasons why Pompey are where they are, he played a huge part in our transformation last season. His biggest problem is that he has inherited the same bunch of money grabbing primadonna players mourinho had, when he starts putting his mark on the team then I expect them to become a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

get a grip jackdaw, at least you didn't have to sit and watch it live in the bloody cold :-)

terrible game, tactically inept, lampard unfit, ballack asleep, swp a lightweight, and a total inability to pass the ball to another blue shirt but at least liverpool were just as bad and happy to play for the draw.

Yeah, it was crap game but most of our recent encounters with the scousers have been , so no major surprises there, shame we couldn't capitalise on utd's slip up though.

you're not much of a fan if you're going to ignore chelsea from now on because of one poor game.... you should have seen how crap we were in the 80's :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I wonder who all these life long (Well, four years anyway) Chelsea fans are going to support now.

I'll keep on supporting Chelsea thanks very much, as I have done for more than 20 years. Maybe hard to take but we did exist before Jose came!!!

As for jackdaw would you ever go somewhere else and grow up a little. Thats it. Unbeaten in how many games? Unbeaten at home in how long? We didn't win playing our worst game since I can remember and its lets relegate us and shut the club down. Sure why not eh?

I think the game spoke volumes more about Liverpool than it did about Chelsea. We played our worst game in possibly 20 years without a single shot on target at home. Now a team who have aspirations of winning the league come to town, watch us play as badly as that and are happy with a draw just begger belief. Cheslea are ashamed of themselves for that game and we acknowledge it. We are disappointed we didn't win, Liverpool are happy they got a draw!!!

emmmm, no they're not. Rafa said after the game, a point at Chelsea aint bad usually but seeing how they played he was pissed off we didnt get 3.

please dont make **** up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I'm talking about the liverpool fans, not Rafa!!! Most people I work with in here are happy that they got a draw.

well they are clowns. But at the same time, we were without Torres and have lost there most games over the last number of years, so at least we broke that trend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

dublindude wrote: »
    I find this open letter a bit puzzling considering its posted in a forum Chelsea staff definitely have no interest in.

Im just including it here, it was emailed to the podcast, I don't expect them to read it on boards.ie !

and in answer to "why is Grant not as good as Jose" .. we will see Grant's true colours as the season progresses, his test against the big 4 have been terrible,
    2 losses to MANC and Ars and a 0-0 HOME draw against a Liverpool side that's in a slump..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

jackdaw wrote: »
    Im just including it here, it was emailed to the podcast, I don't expect them to read it on boards.ie !

and in answer to "why is Grant not as good as Jose" .. we will see Grant's true colours as the season progresses, his test against the big 4 have been terrible,
    2 losses to MANC and Ars and a 0-0 HOME draw against a Liverpool side that's in a slump..

In fairness to Grant he should get a full season with his own players and then be judged. When Jose left in the manner he did I all but wrote off Chelsea's season and yet they are still in all competions and looking in good shape (League Cup final - got a great chance obviously, league : we could sneak 2nd spot maybe, Champions league : got a kind draw so we could progress some ways there and the FA cup -who knows).

The Liverpool game was dire - Chelsea played very badly and apart from the penalty claim offered very little. But they have been on a great run until the Portsmouth game so I'm now unduly worried about 2 draws (pissed off at the missed oppertunities but not reaching for the panic button just yet).

Come back at the end of the next season and then judge Grant on his results(if he is still there of course!).

Would question the inclusion of Lampard though for the last game as he didn't seem match fit at all.

Still Essien and co will be back soon - am looking to see how (if) Anelka and Drogba play together.
    growler wrote:
    you're not much of a fan if you're going to ignore chelsea from now on because of one poor game.... you should have seen how crap we were in the 80's :-)

don't remind me ... and the full members cup was a legitimate trophy!!!

Advertisement