Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratched Paint Repairs

Options
  • 10-02-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I got some scratch repair stuff from aldi or lidl whichever, anyway point is it removed all the scratches and marks but problem is there's some marks that have gone through the paint and primer and the metal is showing. Does anyone know if i went to a motor factors with the paint code would they be able to give me a paint pen or something that i could use to touch up the bare metal bits that are showing or do i need to prime the area first or maybe just better leaving it as is ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Zorba wrote: »
    Hi all

I got some scratch repair stuff from aldi or lidl whichever, anyway point is it removed all the scratches and marks but problem is there's some marks that have gone through the paint and primer and the metal is showing. Does anyone know if i went to a motor factors with the paint code would they be able to give me a paint pen or something that i could use to touch up the bare metal bits that are showing or do i need to prime the area first or maybe just better leaving it as is ?

Thanks in advance

What car are you driving Zorba? If it's newish, you don't want to devalue it by doing a touch-up rather than a proper job. If it's of an age where it doesn't matter so much, you should be able to get touch up paint from your local main dealer. They'll be able to tell from your reg/chassis what the correct paint code is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Hi, it's a 03 mazda 6 so think i should more go for the touch up at this stage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 GJ

Hi

Where is the best place to get a scratch repair kit for a slate grey peugeot 207. The scratch is down to the primer.:mad:

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Zorba, what was the stuff called??

Advertisement