Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Waterford restaurant reviews here..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Where exactly is The Mill? I went looking in Kilmacow but couldn't find it.

This thread is useful, but it might also be useful to put a sticky at the top with the addresses of all restaurants mentioned?

Andy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

It's not in Kilmacow itself, it's off the Dublin Road, down a laneway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

Where is the laneway, and is it signposted?

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I can never remember which road it is but its one of these

I think its this one, on your way from waterford to mullinavat, you will pass The night Cap pub on your left hand side. About a half a mile after that there is a kind of a cross roads on the main road. this is called milltown cross, if you have reached Waterford hire you have gone too far. On that cross take the left and about 1/2 a mile or a mile down the road its on your right hand side. Its signposted right at it I think, its down a little laneway on the right hand side. there is a house right beside this laneway so you should not be able to miss it.

If its not that left off the main road its the next one, which would be the left just before Irish's Pub. Same directions as above once you take the left.

Maybe someone can verfy which left it is, the milltown cross onw or Irish's one.

Bazual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

bazual wrote: »
    I can never remember which road it is but its one of these

I think its this one, on your way from waterford to mullinavat, you will pass The night Cap pub on your left hand side. About a half a mile after that there is a kind of a cross roads on the main road. this is called milltown cross, if you have reached Waterford hire you have gone too far. On that cross take the left and about 1/2 a mile or a mile down the road its on your right hand side. Its signposted right at it I think, its down a little laneway on the right hand side. there is a house right beside this laneway so you should not be able to miss it.

If its not that left off the main road its the next one, which would be the left just before Irish's Pub. Same directions as above once you take the left.

Maybe someone can verfy which left it is, the milltown cross onw or Irish's one.

Bazual

Its actually the second cross so when you are on your way out from waterford there is a left turn just before Irish's Bar. Take that left then about 1/2 a mile or a mile down the road its on your right hand side. Its signposted right at it I think, its down a little laneway on the right hand side. there is a house right beside this laneway so you should not be able to miss it.

B~

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 BillyBobWinters

Emilaneous been top class now for years. Brilliant restuarant (just maybe change the menu the odd time!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Was out at Azurro @ The Ship last week and I have to say it was excellent!
    Fantastic food and a great atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Went to L'Atmosphere for the early bird last night and have to say it was exceptional - everything was perfect and for €20 each for three courses and a glass of wine has to represent the best value in town.

For the record the early bird menu was

Soup - Potatoe and Leek
    Goats cheese in a filo parcel with green leaves - superb
    Salmon Gravalax - superb

Beef - shredded and served in a casserole type - beautiful
    Salmon -
    Lamb - wonderful

Chocolate Souffle - excellent
    Meringue Souffle
    Carrot Cake - excellent

Other half and I shared each course to taste as much as we could and it has been the best restaurant experience in cit or county for a long time. Hadn't been there in a while but definitely heading back there sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

scout353 wrote: »
    Went to L'Atmosphere for the early bird last night and have to say it was exceptional - everything was perfect and for €20 each for three courses and a glass of wine has to represent the best value in town.

For the record the early bird menu was

Soup - Potatoe and Leek
    Goats cheese in a filo parcel with green leaves - superb
    Salmon Gravalax - superb

Beef - shredded and served in a casserole type - beautiful
    Salmon -
    Lamb - wonderful

Chocolate Souffle - excellent
    Meringue Souffle
    Carrot Cake - excellent

Other half and I shared each course to taste as much as we could and it has been the best restaurant experience in cit or county for a long time. Hadn't been there in a while but definitely heading back there sooner rather than later!

That's very good value and to get such a good review as well I'll definitely have to try it. My birthday is the week after next and I was pondering where I'd like to go to celebrate but this looks like an ideal time to try this place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Emilianos:

Good Italian restaurant. Not exactly cheap but food always decent to very good quality. Nothing out of this world but pretty good. Very popular so during peak hours they may have to turn your custom down.

La Palma:

Pretty much in the same bracket like Emilianos. You won't get too exited over it but you won't be disappointed either.

La Palma 'Espresso':

Not too impressed. Just a pseudo-Italian restaurant with a value-for-money look about it, but value for money it is not. Also it seems they want to get you out of there as quickly as possible. Bad pizza, like your typical Irish pseudo-pizza selection - Peperoni, Sausage and chips or 'everything'.

Bistro 47.

Pretty good selection and the dishes are genuine enough. I would call it 'average', but then I expect 'average' to be pretty good. I'd go there any day.

Bistro in the 'Tower Hotel'
    I find the evening menu pretty good value since the quality and the service is that of a pretty good hotel restaurant. Nice steaks and good service, won't be disappointed.

La Fontana.
    Pretty new Italian restaurant interior therefore still a bit on the value-for-money side. Food/menu used to be hit & miss at the start but has improved significantly from the time they opened around christmas 2007. Probably the one Italian restaurant that is trying to bring on 'genuine' Italian food. Best pizza in town by far. Reasonably priced.

Regards

Carsten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

deisemum wrote: »
    That's very good value and to get such a good review as well I'll definitely have to try it. My birthday is the week after next and I was pondering where I'd like to go to celebrate but this looks like an ideal time to try this place.

I have no doubt you won't be disappointed - and advanced Happy Birthday too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

I know someone asked a while ago but does anywhere know where in waterford has a decent veggie option, or better still two options? I'm vegetarian but no one else in my family is so when I am home if we want to go out for dinner or sunday lunch we always either end up in bistro 47 (they have a lovely bean cake on menu - but gets boring always having the same thing) or at a carvery where I generally end up with a plate of veg - not exactly imaginative!!!

I mean surely there are plenty of veggies in Waterford, or even ones like me that pay a flying visit every couple of weeks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

spaceylou wrote: »
    I know someone asked a while ago but does anywhere know where in waterford has a decent veggie option, or better still two options? I'm vegetarian but no one else in my family is so when I am home if we want to go out for dinner or sunday lunch we always either end up in bistro 47 (they have a lovely bean cake on menu - but gets boring always having the same thing) or at a carvery where I generally end up with a plate of veg - not exactly imaginative!!!

I mean surely there are plenty of veggies in Waterford, or even ones like me that pay a flying visit every couple of weeks!!!

Haricots on O'Connell Street was a bloody gem... until the fire. Nobody has really stepped in since.

Bistro 47 is the only place I can think of with an actual choice... but I haven't been looking very hard. Would love to find somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jimmytheman

my girlfriend is a veggie ---
    we never pass Revolution in John St ---

her favs -
        1. Veggie Paninni with mozarella, basil pesto, red onion & tomato
        2. Roast Veg indian jalfrezi curry with basmati rice
        3. Garlic Mushrooms, salad & chips (homemade i think)
        4. Roast veg & Hummous Salad
        5. Vegerarian Fajita with onion, peppers, courgette, aubergine, mushroom & salsa
        6. cheese & onion omelette
        7. caesar salad

not sure if thats all --- but im dragged there twice a week for lunch ---
        good friendly service -- (love me meat though - try the Ribs guys)

KingLoser wrote: »
        Haricots on O'Connell Street was a bloody gem... until the fire. Nobody has really stepped in since.

Jesus... The garlic bread...

That place was great tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

my girlfriend is a veggie ---

her favs -
            1. Veggie Paninni with mozarella, basil pesto, red onion & tomato
            2. Roast Veg indian jalfrezi curry with basmati rice
            3. Garlic Mushrooms, salad & chips (homemade i think)
            4. Roast veg & Hummous Salad
            5. Vegerarian Fajita with onion, peppers, courgette, aubergine, mushroom & salsa
            6. cheese & onion omelette
            7. caesar salad

not sure if thats all --- but im dragged there twice a week for lunch ---
        good friendly service -- (love me meat though - try the Ribs guys)

Thanks, I might try there next time I am home so, although I was there once before and I wasn't overly impressed - but I'll try it again!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Do you ever? :p Iv never met anybody who is such a fan of a restaurant before in my life. Its not even a restaurant! Funny. :) I assume they know you well enough, do they give you any odd discount to thank you for your custom or anything?

Iv only eaten there once or twice, but it wasn't to my liking - bar the friendly service!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

May I suggest making this thread a stickie, I'm overnighting in waterford tonight and found the information here useful.

Just a suggestion.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The Muppet wrote: »
        May I suggest making this thread a stickie, I'm overnighting in waterford tonight and found the information here useful.

Just a suggestion.

Welcome to our city Muppet, hope you have an enjoyable stay here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Kambo out by oscars on the dunmore road is fantastic. When i lived in waterford i would go there atelast once every 2 weeks.

The chicken satay starter is to die for, same with the spring rolls.

The chicken in net main is amazing, same with the sizzling beef ! And best of all its dirt cheap and its a nice enviroment inside. Shame there is no decent pubs near by to have a drink afterwards.

• Advertisement
      • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lil-miss-laughs

what is the 3 ships like there at the Peoples park???? Thinkin of going there for staff night out!!!

It's been a good 2 years since I was there, funnily enough for a staff night out too.

Food was grand from what I can remember, nothing better than you'd expect I guess.

Sully wrote: »
        Do you ever? :p Iv never met anybody who is such a fan of a restaurant before in my life. Its not even a restaurant! Funny. :) I assume they know you well enough, do they give you any odd discount to thank you for your custom or anything?

Iv only eaten there once or twice, but it wasn't to my liking - bar the friendly service!

yes --- they gave me a discount card ----
        when i pay for food and drinks - i hand in thecard and
        they scan it on the till -
        knocks 10% off my bill -
        great when u eat out (and drink) most days

as tesco says - " every little helps"

they should get an award for Friendly service - chefs and bar staff
        teach the rest of the city a lesson!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The service is good but the food is hardly fantastic! No offense, and I think the place is great, I just wouldnt be a huge fan of their food. :) Paddy Browns all the way :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

The service is good but the food is hardly fantastic! No offense, and I think the place is great, I just wouldnt be a huge fan of their food. :) Paddy Browns all the way :p

Agree with sully, I like flash and I think it's great he's doing so well for himself but for that kind of food I'd have to say becketts.
        Revolution just seems a bit thrown together for me and the sitting area is very uninviting during the day.
        The other place I like for lunch is the one on patrick st across from the cinema...I think it's just a number... But they do the best burgers:eek::D

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

sunnyse wrote: »
        The other place I like for lunch is the one on patrick st across from the cinema...I think it's just a number... But they do the best burgers:eek::D

That would be the Bistro. I was in there last friday night for a meal and there were 13 of us eating, and we all loved it. Service was great to.

Would also highly recommend there.

The food is grand, nothing amazing, but does the trick all the same. Staff all seemed friendly enough, my problem was, I was in there at 2/3, and the floors & leather seats were still stinking of spilt booze from the night before. I was waiting for someone to come along and had to change seat three times to find someplace that didn't smell like stale booze.

spaceylou wrote: »

Harliquins is a small Italian restaurant/cafe with plenty of veggie options.

• Advertisement
      • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

Fajitas! wrote: »
        Harliquins is a small Italian restaurant/cafe with plenty of veggie options.

They often have some nice veggie options out in bellissimo on the Dunmore road:)

Advertisement