Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bret Hart book

• 10-02-2008 8:59pm

Anywhere in Dublin sellin his new book? i dont have a credit card so i cant get it off the web!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The Airport if your flying off soon...Travel Shop have it..hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Anywhere in Dublin sellin his new book? i dont have a credit card so i cant get it off the web!

It's not even out in America yet. The only place you can realistically pick it up is the Canadian amazon site.

It's a must read book for anyone that likes wrestling, particularly for those that got into it during the Hogan years and beyond. It's not a light read but you definitely get your moneys worth. The detail in it is phenomenal.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

The wrestling shop in St. Steven's Green Shopping Centre HAD it, but only had 5 copies.(Very hard got but is on order again) It is going on release in the UK next month and should be easier to get then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

My copy arrived today, its for sale on Amazon. Im looking aforward to getting stuck into it later.

Double C wrote: »
    Im looking aforward to getting stuck into it later.

Getting stuck in is the best way to describe the approach you need to take when reading it!

• Advertisement

Thats what I thought when I paged through it earlier, the writing is tiny! And Im the slowest reader ever so expect my thoughts on the book some time in the nerw year :D

callaway92 wrote: »
    The Airport if your flying off soon...Travel Shop have it..hehe

Does it really have it cause im goin 2 london in 2 weeks????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Cork anyway so i assume Dublin or Shannon has it...

any update on anybody seeing the book on sale anywhere???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

nah but i ordered it off a Canadian website, McNally and Something? €34 delivered. Not great but copies on ebay were like €55-€60. Well the ones I saw anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Got it for €15 in the ROH black friday sale (delivered) and I really want to get down to reading it but I have been so busy lately, might do for some summertime outside reading

I am waiting to get it also. Cant wait to read it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Double C wrote: »
    Thats what I thought when I paged through it earlier, the writing is tiny! And Im the slowest reader ever so expect my thoughts on the book some time in the nerw year :D

I'm borrowing it off you when you're done, you didn't know that until now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

On a side issue, I'm just about finished Jericho's book and its a fantastic read. Its genuinely laugh out loud funny, there's some great insight into Puro and Lucha, he pulls no punches in cutting the back off certain people and its actually well written.

Up there with Dynamite kid's book as the best wrestling book in circulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

flahavaj wrote: »
    On a side issue, I'm just about finished Jericho's book and its a fantastic read. Its genuinely laugh out loud funny, there's some great insight into Puro and Lucha, he pulls no punches in cutting the back off certain people and its actually well written.

Up there with Dynamite kid's book as the best wrestling book in circulation.
    Couldn't agree more. The book is about 400 pages and I read it in 3 nights, and I am not a fast reader. I just couldn't put it down. Its an absolute riot from start to finish, with hilarity following Jericho around the world. His personality bursts off the page.

b.ie polar wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. The book is about 400 pages and I read it in 3 nights, and I am not a fast reader. I just couldn't put it down. Its an absolute riot from start to finish, with hilarity following Jericho around the world. His personality bursts off the page.

I bet you won't read Bret's in 3 nights! Very different book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Much "darker" is it?I read a number of reviews about it and it seems that he exposes all the backstage politics aswell as the problems within the industry.

fatal wrote: »
    Much "darker" is it?I read a number of reviews about it and it seems that he exposes all the backstage politics aswell as the problems within the industry.

It's not short on detail. The last 100 pages of it are also very dark.

I'm borrowing it off you when you're done, you didn't know that until now :D

We'll see about that Dave!

tbh I still haven't started it yet, I must get the finger out.

... how much?

• Advertisement

b.ie polar wrote: »
    ... how much?

The more I bet the greater incentive you would have to do it! So let's say a euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

His story about his taxi ride through Belfast is interesting I must say.

The more I bet the greater incentive you would have to do it! So let's say a euro.
    Clever lad. You're not an economist by any chance?

I won't take your euro. I don't want to ruin my enjoyment of the book by forcing my way through it.

Advertisement