Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

win.32k.sys bluescreen error

• 10-02-2008 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

I have a new build and installing a new windows xp pro on a Raid setup.

everything seems to be going fine up until i have to restart the comp after the partion gets formatted. When it restarts, the Windows XP startup logo comes on then it freezes at that light cyan screen (the one where windows should start to be installed off the disc). After about 20secs frozen on this screen it blue screens with:

win.32k.sys file error

Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area

(then it says to troubleshoot a few things etc)

technical info:

Address BF9748B3 base at BF800000 date stamp 41107f7a

Once i restart the comp after this the raid array cant be read and it says ERROR in detecting array.

But if i switch the computer off then turn it on again it can get detected and get as far as the cyan screen i mentioned above before it blue screens again.

What do you think the likely problem is? I have installed new bios/the raid drivers for the two 200gb hdd's and my 1gb of ram seems to working fine.
    Is there any other updates or drivers that i might need to install. If so how do i install them if i cant even get windows to start up?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

Try install windows on one disk first and see if its a Raid issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

thanks for the tip i will try that today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

how did you get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

ok. i finally made progress (i think)

Before i tried what you said (use one drive) i downloaded the raid driver from the abit website. The version looked a bit older than the one i got on the cd but sure i went for it anyway. Everything seemed to be going fine after the restart from the formatting of drives. It diddnt crash or give me any error messages after windows logo and started to install windows devices etc. But there was a problem here. It gives an estimated time of installation of 39mins. It starts installing the devices but it seems like it freezes as i left it for about 1.30mins where it freezes on 3/4 of the devices installed. This is the screen where there is a load of txt in a loop saying how great winxp is and all that.

SO my new issue. Why is it freezing and not completing the setup. i have tried this a few times now with the smae freeze at the same place. could it possibly be the windows cd i am using? i am using a dell re-install cd for my new build where i am told that it should install ok. I got this cd by accident off ebay (i was deceived cause i didnt want a dell cd, but it says it can be used to install on new set up etc)

As i said it does not crash with errors anymore but there obviously is an error.

Could overheating or RAM be an issue here? I have been having a problem with getting no display when having two ram modules installed but works fine with just one.

id say i have been trying to get this comp working for a month now

Advertisement