Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing a Shotgun from the UK.

Options
  • 10-02-2008 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I know this might be covered else were but.

I was look on the internet and I seen a gun that I liked the fit of, It is €350 cheaper then from a dealer here.

So how do you go about getting a Article 7 permit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I have only done this from NI and the dealer had the forms, I sent the form to the DOJ and had the import permit quicker than the license. Try DOJ, how are you actually going to get it in??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭IDon'tKnow!

I have not worked that out yet. Its just an idea at the moment.

There has to be some shipping companies that deal with firearms or I could pick it up myself.

But to go over for the gun myself I would most likely spend as much or more then I would save.

Sent the dealer in the UK an email for more information.
    Will know if its a waste of time looking at this next week unless it a high end gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

dont rule out NI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

you can download the application form for an article 7 permit from the department of justice website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭IDon'tKnow!

Would not rule out buying the gun from anywhere will look at the dealers in NI and see if I can get a good price for what I am looking for.

The 2 guns like the feel of most so far was a Browning 525 sporter. I also liked the Winchester Select Sporting. But I have not set myself on one of these yet, there is a lot more guns I would like to have a look at. Will make myself a short list of guns I like, then keep my eyes open for them at a good price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement