Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bank for international ATM withdrawals?

Options
  • 10-02-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭

I'll be traveling in August for a year+ and will be using overseas ATM's quite frequently. From recent visits to England i've noticed that i'm charged €3 odd for each ATM withdrawal. My statement says it is an international transaction fee or something to that effect.

Just wondering if there is a bank in Ireland that does not charge these fees such as the Nationwide flex account in England or which bank charges the least?

Also if i was to put all my money on my PTSB visa card so it is credit. How much would i be charged for an international withdrawal at an ATM?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ulster Bank have free UK withdrawals with their current a/c!
    Cannot beat the ol' henry hippo bank!
    20 years a customer and i even work for a big rival.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Also if i was to put all my money on my PTSB visa card so it is credit. How much would i be charged for an international withdrawal at an ATM?

Nothing except the conversion rate that is set by visa. If you're not in credit its quite pricey.

Also note if you're 400e in credit and take out 500e you'll be charged as if you you weren't in credit at all i.e. charged on full 500e

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

efb wrote: »
    Ulster Bank have free UK withdrawals with their current a/c!
    Cannot beat the ol' henry hippo bank!
    20 years a customer and i even work for a big rival.

Thats the last straw, I'm changing to ulster bank. and I also work for a big rival!

Advertisement