Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Mazda 6 - what you think??

Options
  • 10-02-2008 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just seen the new shape Mazda 6 locally today and it looked great. Buying a car later on in the year (diesel) and i was thinking it wouldnt be too bad compared to getting a audi, volkswagen thats a couple of years old.... anyone here have any opinions on them??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

From what I've read, they're a great car, plus they are nice and low on CO2 which will be important in 5 months time of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'm not a fan of the new design, it doesn't hold together for me. It might grow on me though...

I am a big fan of Mazda though. Brilliantly built, very reliable, great equipment levels. I was always amazed that people would buy a Mondeo when the Mazda6 was the same price.

If you like the design, then go for it. Everything else in the car is beyond reproach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I have a current 6 and really happy with it. I've driven the new model and found it similar to my own - but quieter and maybe a little more nimble (even though it's slightly bigger they've worked hard on making it lighter - that benefits economy, CO2, performance, handling). A Passat? Pah! ...knocks spots that big barge!

Would like if they offered 17'' alloys in the Exec SE as they do for the eqivilant model in the UK but spec issues aside I'd have to recommend...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I like it, it looks alot more upmarket on the outside than the price suggests imo.

Would agree though it needs 17" alloys, those standard 16" look lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

Anyone else think they look like a Lexus at a distance? Nice car though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah it has a hint of Lexus IS about it alright. Not a bad thing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭agent_smith

It looks nice for what it is now. I get a feeling though that it would date very fast design wise akin to the previous mazda 6 IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

it looks like a big Mazda 3....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

A nice stock spoiler really improved the look of the outgoing model, I would say the same is true of this one. I'm undecided if this is nice the outgoing model, I liked it quite a bit. It does look lexus-ised allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Was in the new model over the weekend. Looks amazing and is very comfortable too. It also looks very like a lexus as others have said. Haven't been in the New Mondeo but looks wise the Mazda 6 is miles ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

There is a lot to like about the car, especially its looks, but having test driven it twice 2 things let the car down.

1) The ride was overly hard, you felt every little road imperfection
    2) The saloon had an undue amount of wind noise from the rear of the car (yes the windows were closed).

Small things but they put me off, having said that I would like to drive the diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

My father changed his 05 for a 08 about a month ago. the new one is much quieter than the old one, and the gearbox seems much smoother. The cabin is also much nicer.

I've not noticed either wind noise or a stiff ride - though my own car is a Mazda3 so maybe I'm used to Mazda suspension setups.

Advertisement