Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few question about argos warranty

Options
  • 10-02-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

hi,I have Digital camera Samsung,today i find that i have something like bad pixel:(can i give this camera to warranty(i have receipt),whats the story with delivery to argos(who pay for postage?and how it looks)
    Thanks for help.
    4b0fa7afef50100emed.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Have you taken lots of photos and the exact same pixel is gone? Never heard of it before.

Argos exclude cameras from the 16day returns. Instead of saying a big long story about the pixel I would say it is not working in some other way. They will probably just give you another one there and then. Argos are particularly good about returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There was a thread in this forum recently about faulty pixels in a camera. Apparently, some companies will only deem a camera to be faulty when multiple pixels fail. If anyone can add anything to this, please do.

There's no harm in going into Argos with the camera, packaging and receipt and asking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I am inclined to think that argos will allow you to exchange the product for another one exactly the same. As I understood it, the 16 day exclusion is more to stop jokers who buy a camera for a wedding and bring it back after they're finished with it.

However, I don't know this for sure, I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I have a mate who manages a Sony Center and apparently it happens all the time, with camera's and camcorders.

Some people really are cheeky f*&kers.

From my experience Argos generally are very good with returns.
    Chances are they have a massive warehouse somewhere full of stuff they can't send back to suppliers.

Advertisement