Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finish sleeve

• 10-02-2008 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

cant wait to get inked again,im going to finish my sleeve.the trouble being im now pregnant so haveto wait to have baby before i go again.i was going to leave it but my geisha looks a bit lonely,so if anybody has got any ideas i would be grateful eg koi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i could be wrong, someone please correct me, but i dont think most tattoo artists will tattoo a pregnant woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

She said she has to wait to have the baby before going again :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I would have thought most would suggest avoiding it incase of any infection that it might result in, especially an infection in the blood. I couldnt see many if any willing to tattoo someone who is pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

marti101 wrote: »
    im now pregnant so haveto wait to have baby before i go againi

She said she's going to wait...jeez read the OP.... :p

Congrats BTW!

How about some lotus blossoms, always look good with a geisha IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

haha sounds like some of the guys here mothers got inked when they were a fetus, slight brain damage causing the inability to read threads on boards syndrome is rampant! :D Yeah get some big blooms with wind and stuff! What do you have at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

No one said she wasnt going to wait, I would have thought from his post that wilburt was saying that he didnt think being pregnant was an issue if someone was getting a tattoo and that a tattoo artist wouldnt have a problem with it but that be may be wrong. I was replying to his post saying that i doubt this was the case. Maybe you should take your own advice and read the posts properly you sure your mother aint the one that got the tattoo before you were born? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wilburt wrote: »
    i dont think most tattoo artists will tattoo a pregnant woman.
    Axwell wrote: »
    ...I would have thought from his post that wilburt was saying that he didnt think being pregnant was an issue if someone was getting a tattoo and that a tattoo artist wouldnt have a problem with it but that be may be wrong...
    ...Maybe you should take your own advice and read the posts properly you sure your mother aint the one that got the tattoo before you were born? :D

Make sure you read it properly before correcting someone though... ;):p
    Marti101 wrote:
    im now pregnant so haveto wait to have baby before i go again.
    ^ She said she's gonna wait.

I'd echo the suggestion for petal/wind, and if you like the idea of having a koi in it, you could have a stream/pond in front of the giesha, with koi swimming in it. Combining all three could result in a pretty nice sleeve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

i will probably wait 6 months as i want to have a fairly good ida of what i want.the koi and the waterfall sounds beautiful,even though my othe kids dont want me to get any more tattoos,but i think it will finish my geisha off lovely

my half sleeve is a geisha and i only have 2 weeks before babs is due ,so not long to wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

sorry for misinterpreting your post, was working off 5 hours sleep yesterday and was quite knackerd.
    well hope all goes well with the baby, and for those funny people out there neither of my parents have tattoos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

On my Japanese legsleeve I've got a geisha, koi, hanyu(sp?) mask and some lotus flowers. Koi's always look good and a well done lotus always looks cool.

xtruthx

truthinword that sounds lovely.i especially like the masks so i migt go with that but the trouble is they all look so nice i dont know what to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

If you can only have one other thing I'd go with a koi. I have huge calfs so I could fit a lot on them.

xtruthx

Advertisement