Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two faced dog.

Options
  • 11-02-2008 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

My brother has a Jack Russle that cannot stand me when I call around to his place, he would bark continuously, and be very defensive yet when the dog is at my sisters place he would eat food from my hand and be quiet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

When he is at his own place it is his territory and you are "intruding"
    When you meet on common ground the dog seems to be fine.

Maybe leave some of your things around his home (ie a jumper or a sock or something) so he gets used to the smell of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

maybe you are evil and the dog knows it!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Weidii wrote: »
    When he is at his own place it is his territory and you are "intruding"
    When you meet on common ground the dog seems to be fine.

Nail on head !

OP, it's up to your brother to make the dog understand that you are his (the brother's) guest and that it's not the dogs job to try and chase you out of the house.

I would suspect a certain lack of leadership on your brother's behalf ...don't blame the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

At his home, he is on his turf and acts accordingly. Jack Russells are strong natured little dogs and quite territorial.

Advertisement