Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need help buying bmw

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Oilrig wrote: »
    Agree on that, but reliability levels are south of the Antartic... especially at the OP's price range. (had a couple but eventually gave up)

Question. What are the chances of getting a FSH on a ten year old car? realistically.

Not sure I should even bother responding to the first part... but you would get a 2002 156 for 7K, and if it's been well serviced and had the TB done when it should have been, it could be a good buy. However, this is going to turn into yet another Alfa flame war.

Anyway - a full dealer service history - maybe not. But not hugely unlikely with a regular service history with an independent mechanic. There are some indies out there who many people would prefer to see on a service history book than a main dealer. For Alfas there's Gerry in TI autos, and BMW there's AC cars, to name just two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭boomboombazza

Question. What are the chances of getting a FSH on a ten year old car? realistically.

right here buddy! FSH. fully serviced and stamped every 8k:) last two services are from a local inde who has also stamped the book.

if the car doesnt have a full service history the milage isnt worth the odometer its written on. a well serviced bimmer will go for 300k miles i **** you not(i know a taxi man with that milage). cars on carzone with 70k after 10 years with a bit of service history here and there spell trouble to me.the amount of cars being brought in from england,being clocked and sold on is crazy.

i have bought my next car already and it has more milage than my own but i know its been well maintained due to the service history and receipts.IMO people put too much emphisis on milage and not enough on service history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Maybe check an isurance quote on this, might be worth a look. Lot of car for the cash if you're determined to go the BM route.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=856810

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

TJJP wrote: »
    Maybe check an isurance quote on this, might be worth a look. Lot of car for the cash if you're determined to go the BM route.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=856810

That's a pretty good price, but getting further away from the original 1.6 limit!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

JHMEG wrote: »
    Comments like that can be offensive to owners of other marques, and put people off coming to this forum. Not the first time you've belittled Japanese cars in the recent past.

Sorry for any offence felt! I'm the first to admit that I'm generally not a fan of Japanese cars, although there are exceptions. I've only owned or driven "white goods" kinda Japanese cars but I wouldn't mind a spin in the likes of serious RWD performance cars from Nissan / Toyota or even small modern sports cars like the S2000 or the car that should be credited for reviving the whole 60s British sports car segment that had died a long time ago - the MX-5!

Apologies to the OP for further O/T :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 carsey

boomboombazza just sent you a pm,
    cheaked my insurance and will have to go a good bit under 7k to about 6k
    these are all brillent suggestions thanks a lot to all of you
    got 3 pms allready for people askng if id like to buy theyr cars

Sorry for bringing up an old topic
    car i was gonna buy fell through,
    so still im looking for a car that looks like these
    dont have to be bmws just like the way they look
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=930084
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=876453
    love the alloys on the first car

can anyone help me im having a hard time finding cars like this
    as i dont know that many cars that look like that
    I just like the little spoiler they have and the way theyr saloon/coupe cars
    looking for one in blue or black if i can find one
    Does anyone have any sugestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

As I said before get on the ferry you'd be over and back in a day or just make a night of it and come back the next day with one of these
    Look at the prices and condition the VRT wont be much so it'd work out a nice bit cheaper than what you might get here!

I cant do that i wouldnt have that much money to go abroad and bring a car back,
    and im still not sure what car im looking for, im looking for somehting to own for a long time about 4-5 years so kinda want it to be perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

slideways wrote: »
    a 156??? Christ he doesnt want to get on first name basis with a fiat mechanic... sorry i mean alfa, always get the 2 mixed up
    I was almost at a stage of being invited round for xmas dinner with the mechanic I used when I had the 5 series...
    My Alfa mechanic has 3 years on towards his pension every time I meet him

You gotta be lucky. I just sold my 8yr old one with FSH, receipts, 1 owner from new...Lucky guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Congrats on selling your car, Lex. Someone got value for money there!

Advertisement