Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Cord/Cable

Options
  • 11-02-2008 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Like nearly all cars out there on the road, many have a fuel trigger on the floor to the right of the driver, that when you pull it, it opens the fuel panel on the car allowing you to put fuel into the car.

Mine has stopped working, when i pull it, nothing happens and i cannot put fuel into the car :P. These are usually a simple cable attached to the trigger in the cockpit leading to the panel on the cars body work.

Has anyone fixed one of these themselves before? Do i have to take the carpets up in the car or can i access it from under the car? Seems like a simple job but looking for some pointers please.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

a lot of the time there is a way of reaching the flap from inside to boot, bu pulling back the carpet
    You never said what type of car but i'm assuming its jap, prob toyota

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

LOL nice guess mate, it is a Jap Car. Honda Integra Type R. I have read that it could have come loose in either at the Flap "access from the boot" or come loose at the lever "access from under the carpet".

Is it a big job to fix? Its annoying more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

Hi logik
    I don't have a Honda so I'm not sure about the flap makeup. I have a Peugeot with a similar problem tho - however, the problem is not the cord but the spring mechanism in the flap itself. To se if thats your problem;
    Use a flathead screwdriver to try opening the flap(NB dont use any force!!!) while a pal holds the cord lever in the cabin. If the spring is gone it should pop straight out, if it doesnt then its defo the cord.
    If the worst comes to the worst and you are running out of petrol, you can carefully prize off the exterior part of the flap and glue it bakc on when you have it fixed. I would guess that a grage would have that fixed within 30 mins tho so if it were me I'd bring it down to one before it comes to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yeah cheers mate. I am very sure its the cord itself as i can put my finger in under the carpet and there is NO cord on the end on the lever.

I will try fixing it myself and if not, off it goes to the garage.

Advertisement