Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Engineering?

• 11-02-2008 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Im currently in 3rd year civil in cork it. Unfortunaly the only course offered here past 3rd yr is structural eng, not my cup of tea. Carlow is an option for me next year, and was wondering whats the course like?
    At the moment my hours are crazy, 9-5 most days for lectures then add another few hours a nite in the library, all adds up to pretty crappy year.
    Also whats the social scene like in carlow, is it mostly males in the college or is there a good mix?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭aynon

i am 1st year civil here. 4th year here is quiete good from what i heard very intense. currently we have at least 2 well practised consultants in the lecturing faculty. great guys. (gerr coehan and brian bryne) if you want to call the college with a free 5 mins and discuss the course with them or even the head of the built enviourment, Michael Glynn, who will talk to you if you want. 059-9170400, ask to transfer to him.

as for the social scene. a few sweet fillies walk the fields of the campus. it seems to be a good balance between man/woman ratio. nice pubs aswell, everyone seems nice. depending on your taste, there should be a pub for you! if you want to pm me about anything, feel free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I'm thinking of heading back to do the Honours degree in Civ Eng. I already got a BSc. Hons in Construction Management and 4-5 years experience. I'd love if I got straight into 4th year!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

carlows current student population has a 5 girls for every 4 guys. thats gotta be a winner

Advertisement