Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your ideal pet

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Have a shih tzu. She's my ideal pet. I love all dogs, but would never get a big one unless I had the time and space for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Glowing wrote: »
    http://www.irishanimals.com/greyhounds/index.html
    http://www.ispca.ie/content/grey-pets.html
    http://www.openerg.com/greyhounds.htm

I'll say no more! Your 'ideal pet' shouldn't necessarily have to be a pedigree puppy! Especially when there are thousands of gorgeous greyhounds rotting in shelters around the country :(

QTF... but not just greyhounds lots of different doggies/cats/rabbits etc etc.... too much over breeding and cross breeding for monies... kinda makes me wanna vomit. /me takes off vet nurses hat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

farohar wrote: »
    Come to think of it since Niamho has taken us to the realms of fantasy for one of her pets ...

In that case, I want a Pikachu!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    In that case, I want a Pikachu!

Why not a Jigglypuff or a pichu?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

One of them:
    Otter%20picture2.jpg

More realistically, one of them again:
    istockphoto_2660401_wirehaired_dachshund.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Would have to be my little pooch, Duff, a Tibetan terrier who gives our poor old postman a god awful time!

Here he is posing in a hat:

duffhatap7.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

My kitty is the sweetest friend I could ever have

Other thatn that I'd love a Meerkat - I think they are so cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Orlee wrote: »
    My kitty is the sweetest friend I could ever have

Other thatn that I'd love a Meerkat - I think they are so cool!

You copycat! :D

Actually I found out at the BGRH beers that a lot of people thought my avatar was a variety of rodents. It's a meerkat!

watna wrote: »
    Actually I found out at the BGRH beers that a lot of people thought my avatar was a variety of rodents. It's a meerkat!

They know nothing!

I just love them - hopefully I'll come back as one!

Do you happen to watch Meerkat Manor?

Orlee wrote: »
    They know nothing!

I just love them - hopefully I'll come back as one!

Do you happen to watch Meerkat Manor?

I do but it actually upsets me sometimes. Meerkats can be really mean to other meerkats. The ostracise them from the group and the one who gets pushed out find it harder to survive. It's quite sad!

My bf bought me a little meerkat teddy online a few months ago. She sits on our bed and is my meerkat alter ego. I think that's the closest I'll get to having one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I have a beautiful Golden Retriever. I only have this picture of her on my laptop from when she was a baby but she's huge now.

P1300155.jpg

Couldn't ask for a more ideal pet tbh!

watna wrote: »
    I do but it actually upsets me sometimes. Meerkats can be really mean to other meerkats.

I know - I hate to see them fight and it breaks my heart when the little pups get the raw end of the stick :(

I love the Meerkat Cafe in Dublin Zoo but I just wish they had a bigger enclosure

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'd love a basset hound with big floppy ears and droopy eyes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ooh! ooh! looky! i was playing with max again!

meandmax.jpg

maxandme-1.jpg

Thought it's name was Ratty before?:confused:
    Don't tell me you've been going around trying to convince others to change their names too!?:eek:
    :rolleyes:
    You'll give the poor thing an identity crisis! :p

Is there any particular reason why you don't get a pet rat of your own?

ratty died between visits, and my mate rescued max from some not-particularly good owners. i do keep calling max ratty though, so there's a good chance i messed that one up. and no money to be spending on discretionary stuff just yet. kinda half hoping for my birthday next month, but really really really not geting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Cats all the way. Love them. Alternatively I'd steal my cousin's 52kg rottweiler, but I don't think they'd part with him.

We have three cats. They're currently wrestling up and down the length of the living room as I type this.

ratty died between visits, and my mate rescued max from some not-particularly good owners. i do keep calling max ratty though, so there's a good chance i messed that one up. and no money to be spending on discretionary stuff just yet. kinda half hoping for my birthday next month, but really really really not geting my hopes up.
    :eek:
    Sorry, hope you and your friend's family aren't too upset over it.:(

Are rats that expensive to get and keep? All I really know about them is that inspite of the common misconception they are rather clean creatures and that they are quite intelligent and love to explore.

And dear lord that Rottweiler weighs as much as I do Minesajackdaniels! :eek:

well, im still trying to cut down my food bills, get more work hours, save money up, and we're looking at moving out of here too, which will more than likely be at somewhere more expensive than here. so extra expense is not a good thing at all right now.

rats are absolutely adorable, so intelligent, quite affectionate in their own little ways, not too high maintenance as they tend to sleep a lot of the day, and relatively cheap, but still, any extra expense right now isnt' the most sensible thing.

oh, and my mate was quite bummed,, he surprised himself actually, he'd grown very fond of ratty (particularly the way he showed the 7 resident cats and dog that no one could mess with him after he bit a couple of them :P ), and was glad of the chance to look after max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Not cheap to keep but I let them sleep on the end of my bed.

jointdahm.jpg

• Advertisement

They look kind of evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

They are naughty, real naughty...

Hagar wrote: »
    They are naughty, real naughty...

The one on the right is staring at me.

The one on the left looks naughtiest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

meandmax.jpg

maxandme-1.jpg

Ah I'd really love to own a pair of rats, unfortunately they're hard to come by! (Well, besides the ones that live out in the field beside me)

Weidii wrote: »
    Ah I'd really love to own a pair of rats, unfortunately they're hard to come by! (Well, besides the ones that live out in the field beside me)

Hopefully some helpful info:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055057036

Took a look on Buy&sell.ie, no rats, few ferrets, chipmunks and Chinchillas!! *aww* cute little things....

zomg! was talking to the husband of a friend of a friend today, and one of his workmates or something is going overseas and wants to get rid of her rat for free...!

i told him i was really really really interested... to tell his workmate that tomorrow, and to get back to me...

Yay! Hopefully it'll work out in your favour and you'll have yourself a new friend to play with.:)

also, we are (temporarily, we hope) adopting this friend's two cats within the next couple of weeks. they are gettin kicke douf of their gaf, and living iwth relatives and putting the three cats nad two dogs into various mates' houses, and we're getting two of the cats. i mentioned that that would put a damper on my rat pet dream. he said , oh you like rats, i showed him about 20 pics i took last time i saw max, he mentioned his mate giving one away...

we'll see how it works out...

Hmmm... 2 cats and a rat.... I'm not sure I like where this could end up either. Hopefully the rat proves well able to defend itself so you can take care of them simultaneously and not have to worry about it.

• Advertisement

well, ratty and max live in a house with 3 children and 7 cats and a dog... ratty bit any cats that dared come to his cage. he accepted that while out in the open he was fair game, but in his cage, he owned them.

Advertisement