Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rats

Options
  • 11-02-2008 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi

I have noticed I have some unwelcome visitors in my house , well 1 anyway. Has anyone had similar problems and what is qucikest way to get rid of them as I have 2 smal kids and very worried.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

If you're sure it's a rat, Call Rentokill. For mice... I'd go to woodies and buy some traps. They have all types including the humane ones.
    My two cents :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

If it's rats you need to do something fast. Rats won't normally live with you You are just on their route. What you need to get is poison and a poison box. This is a metal container you can only open with an alan key ( so your kids can't get at it). Only a very small animal can get in to eat the posion, Check it every few days to see if the poison is gone. Atlantic or Woodies would probably stock them. I freaked out and got the exterminators. Aardvaark - pretty good.

If it's just mice, then traps are effective and probably your best option as they may be living very near you, and you don't want the small of decaying bodies.

Advertisement