Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asok says oops

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

There was a load of dupe threads in foreign satellite by hitman7 at 15:08 yet still his postcount is still at 0

o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I sent a PM not long before the Site went - it's not visible in my totals anymore - does this mean it has been lost/not received?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I sent a PM not long before the Site went - it's not visible in my totals anymore - does this mean it has been lost/not received?
    Yep, not in the database count tally = not sent...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

nevf wrote: »
    Oh, Sully, stop showing off, "oooh, look at me, 4 people love me"... I'm just going to have to start PM'ing myself now so I can show off too :D

There all gone now.. me thinks they were the 4 new from yesterday morning. But they were all read.

Tis a spirit on Boards me thinks. Maybe 6ths replacement while he was away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Asok said "whoops" to me once. Now I'm 5 months pregnant. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Is anyone else having problems with read/unread threads? I'm still getting threads that I've read and replied to popping up in bold as unread... Is this related to Asok's oops issue and if so (or not), does anyone know if or when it will be fixed?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Is anyone else having problems with read/unread threads? I'm still getting threads that I've read and replied to popping up in bold as unread... Is this related to Asok's oops issue and if so (or not), does anyone know if or when it will be fixed?
    I had this problem and it turned out it was probably because I had Firefox open for about 4 days running.

Once I had quit it for awhile it all went back to normal.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've had this problem for weeks, and I haven't had Firefox on all the time. It's a bit annoying really.

Well, I'm using firefox but I've been turning it off and shutting down my computer at night so it's not that. It's been affecting my computer at work too (using ff on that too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm having a similar problem. I'll reply to a thread and the thread will appear in bold in my sub list and if I go directly in to the forum. So it's telling me there's unread posts in that thread but I'm the person who posted last! I have to go back in the thread and scrool down to get rid of the bold (it's very annoying!). It's happening at home and work.

EDIT: It just happened with this post. I presed submit, saw the thread with my post at the end and clicked on feedback at the top to go back to viewing the feedback forum. This thread appeared in bold but my post was the last one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I opened a thread on Helpdesk a while back about something similar, but it seems to be just a bug :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

DesF wrote: »
    I opened a thread on Helpdesk a while back about something similar, but it seems to be just a bug :confused:

Hmm... it's bit strange and annoying but I suppose it's not really serious.

I just can't figure out what it doesn't happen with every thread. It's random.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well if you think THATS odd.. wait till you see this.

This topic http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055238510 - Created by shqipshume but apparently, im the first poster :p

That's the best example of the recent weirdness I've seen so far. Now, I await the appearance of a post by a user before they've opened a boards.ie account :)

Advertisement