Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiifree, is it time to change??

Options
  • 11-02-2008 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a Wiifree on my Wii and was reading that the Wiifree chip is no longer being developed?
    Is it time for a change or will the chip still support future games etc.
    I noticed that some of the newer titles won't boot.
    Hope this question is within the rules, feel free to delete if not.
    Thanks
    Sham.

ps Is there an update for the chip anywhere, googled it but there is not much out there, it all seems to be Wiikey...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭richie.c

Assuming you have a pic 12f629 you can always put yaosm on it instead of wiifree, it is still being actively developed and has lots of great features.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭phat1

I just bought a d2pro mod chip for my wii from d2pro.com its ment to be the new wiikey thing,just learning this stuff so not to sure about how it works but check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 *StoneCold*

phat1 wrote: »
    I just bought a d2pro mod chip for my wii from d2pro.com its ment to be the new wiikey thing,just learning this stuff so not to sure about how it works but check it out

That does not work in any wii only the d2c.

Anyway yes you will need to update to the YAOSM because that will boot Super Mario Galaxy and DL games like smash bros, go for the version 2.0.

That does not work in any wii only the d2c.

Anyway yes you will need to update to the YAOSM because that will boot Super Mario Galaxy and DL games like smash bros, go for the version 2.0.
    Hi what is d2c?how do i know if the d2pro will work on my wii,got the wii in germany at xmas,chip arrived this morning any help is great thanks

the d2pro will work on my wii,ihave a d2c wii or whatever it is

• Advertisement
Advertisement