Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ah well, he had a good excuse!

Options
  • 11-02-2008 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

From the weekend papers:

A 17-year-old boy who drove a stolen car at 160kmh and nearly caused several motor collisions has been given a six-month suspended sentence and disqualified from driving for two years.

The teen had asked not to be given a road ban because he wanted to become a taxi driver, the Dublin Children's Court heard.

The boy admitted stealing the car, driving without a licence and insurance, failing to stop for gardaí and dangerous driving.

...you couldn't make it up - could you?:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That's rich. Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Where's Volvoboy? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Morrismurf wrote: »
    From the weekend papers:

A 17-year-old boy who drove a stolen car at 160kmh and nearly caused several motor collisions has been given a six-month suspended sentence and disqualified from driving for two years.

The teen had asked not to be given a road ban because he wanted to become a taxi driver, the Dublin Children's Court heard.

The boy admitted stealing the car, driving without a licence and insurance, failing to stop for gardaí and dangerous driving.

He's off to a good start, speeding, dangerous driving, no tax or insurance, low IQ. Give him an attitude problem and questionable hygeine habits and he'll be ready to pick up his plate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Since you go through a criminal record search when you apply for Taxi driver, there is a good chance he will never drive a taxi, unless he steals one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

You seem the one with the attitude problem MajorMax. Taxidriver with university degree, a 06 Mercedes and a shower every day myself. So please do not tar every driver with the same brush. I don't look upon every passenger as the obnoxious twat who's going to puke his guts up all over the interior of my car either:mad:

By the way, that little scumbag is never going to get clearance from the guards to even sit the PSV test unless some soft judge is going to grant him the favor when he appeals the PSV inspector's decission.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

If he had a 406 he'd make a fine taxi driver in France, if foreign cinema has taught us anything, which I think it has...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I don't look upon every passenger as the obnoxious twat who's going to puke his guts up all over the interior of my car either:mad:

I resent that remark!
    I only did that twice. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Morrismurf wrote: »
    From the weekend papers:

So, all that and he gets a suspended sentence? Dollars to donuts the twat kills someone on the roads next week. I think our judges need to hold back on the happy juice, and maybe get a bit of perspective.

Advertisement