Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

USA: Survivor 16 : Micronesia - Fans vs Favorites [Spoilers]

• 11-02-2008 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭

Anybody watching this? The first episode is out. Saw it yesterday. Fans vs the former members (ie. favorites). Amanda and James are back in it from China. Johnny Fairplay is in it too. Should be interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Not seen it, but it does sound interesting. I normally watch it on TG4 but they still haven't shown Season 15 (China). Hope they still plan to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Survivor rocks... Saw episode 1 there other day, not bad at all... Strikes me a little unfair on the fans team, seen as the favourites all have this experience and stuff...

We'll see though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I love Survivor. China was brilliant, pity TG4 haven't shown it yet. I think they are supposed to show it soon. I remember when TG4 were only a few weeks behind, now they're behind by a whole series.

The Fans vs Favourites idea is good, and I enjoyed the first episode, but it's still early days!

What's up with James though? With Parvati? He was so focused last time!

I love Yau Man. He's seriously cool! Other than that I don't really like any of the favourites. Amanda is so annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

janeybabe wrote: »
    I love Survivor. China was brilliant, pity TG4 haven't shown it yet. I think they are supposed to show it soon. I remember when TG4 were only a few weeks behind, now they're behind by a whole series.

The Fans vs Favourites idea is good, and I enjoyed the first episode, but it's still early days!

I love Yau Man. He's seriously cool! Other than that I don't really like any of the favourites. Amanda is so annoying!

Ya that struck me as strange too about James. He was super quiet last time and now he's like hitting on the ladies. He's one strong guy for sure. I recon he won't last long though because he doesn't have the smarts! The next one will air on Valentine's Day so there will be some kissing and crap.

I'm glad that the fans won the first challenge. He deserved it after their first night.

Who will be gone next?

Ya that struck me as strange too about James. He was super quiet last time and now he's like hitting on the ladies. He's one strong guy for sure. I recon he won't last long though because he doesn't have the smarts! The next one will air on Valentine's Day so there will be some kissing and crap.

I'm glad that the fans won the first challenge. He deserved it after their first night.

Who will be gone next?

I reckon it'll be Kathy if the fans lose immunity and maybe Eliza or Ami if she gets annoying if the favourites lose. They'll keep Jonathan around for strength for awhile and Cirie might just fly under the radar. She was barely featured in the first episode. (Of course that's just editing so we're probably not getting the full picture.)

Tom from Survivor Palau (he won that series) was asked to go but he said no. He would have been great, but if I had already won the million I wouldn't bother going back either!

• Advertisement

Have you seen her? Yummy... :D

Also, he's done the focused thing, why not enjoy himself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Tom from Survivor Palau (he won that series) was asked to go but he said no. He would have been great, but if I had already won the million I wouldn't bother going back either!

Hatch did (season 8 allstars!).

Hard to know who is going to win this. If the Fans get a good run at it, they could cause a serious upset.

Mr E wrote: »
    Hatch did (season 8 allstars!).

There was a couple of winners in all stars... Tina, Ethan are 2 i can think of...
    Hard to know who is going to win this. If the Fans get a good run at it, they could cause a serious upset.

Depends. If the favourites get to merge with a semi-decent lead it will probably be one of them, i reckon the fans will try to get rid of them... I do think there will more than likely be some sort of mixing of the tribes fairly soon into the show...

I think that the favourites were too cocky in the first episode and thought that they'd win no problem. Either that or they don't work well together. They'll probably try a lot harder in the next challenge.

dulpit wrote: »
    Have you seen her? Yummy... :D

Also, he's done the focused thing, why not enjoy himself?

Haha because there's a million dollars at stage. He's probably forming an alliance. An alliance of loooovvvvveeee! :P

• Advertisement

Haha because there's a million dollars at stage. He's probably forming an alliance. An alliance of loooovvvvveeee! :P

Well it worked for Rob and Amber so maybe I shouldn't be doubting him! Although if he goes to the final two with Parvati I may get sick. She annoys me.

Just saw episode two....highlight below
    Mary got totally screwed! Did you see the look on Mike! Haha brillant. Totally blindsighted. That firefighter is calling the shots now. He might actually pull the outsiders of three together with the main group.

Good show.

Just saw episode two....highlight below
    Mary got totally screwed! Did you see the look on Mike! Haha brillant. Totally blindsighted. That firefighter is calling the shots now. He might actually pull the outsiders of three together with the main group.

Good show.

Ah crap! Haven't seen it yet but I'm drawn to spoilers!

Guys, Boards.ie has multiple themes, and some are dark background. Putting text in white doesn't hide it from everyone.

Use the spoiler tag instead [ spoiler ] xxxx [/ spoiler ]
    (without spaces)

Guys, Boards.ie has multiple themes, and some are dark background. Putting text in white doesn't hide it from everyone.

Use the spoiler tag instead [ spoiler ] xxxx [/ spoiler ]
    (without spaces)

Like this?
    they get eaten by sharks in the next episode! NOT! :)

I'm a new member so that's my excuse! :P

Spot on :)
    Welcome to boards!

I'm enjoying this series so far, and I think
    Mary
    was screwed too. Chet should have been the one to go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Anyone keeping up to date with this? Has been an interesting series! Injury count is really racking up -
    Jonathon, James, Alexis (though wasn't removed) and Chet (sigh...last one doesn't really count)

When there were two tribes the fans may not have even made the merge - "who is the strongest? Let's vote them out!".

All the players I liked are now gone though :(

🤪

Yeah I'm up to date on it. Best series in a good while. The last 4 Tribal Councils were very entertaining.... (
    fake idol, and the 3 idol holders...
    ). Its looking like the black widows to the end (which will make an interesting final 4,
    first time all female finalists
    in Survivor history?).

The look on
    Ozzy's
    face for the last couple of T.C.s was priceless. If looks could kill.... :)

Not sure who I want to win now.. I agree that the best characters are gone.

The last 3 tribal councils have been entertaining. Tis an almighty pity that
    James got injured and had to leave, i thought he was (unintentionally) hilarious
    but that's Survivor. I bloody well hate
    Natalie
    , hope
    she
    gets chucked at some stage soon, wrecking my head...

My favourites now would be
    Amanda & Parvati,
    purely cos
    Cirie
    does nothing,
    that dude
    is an idiot and
    Natalie
    is a tool.

I'll agree with others, one of the best survivors in a long time... And there was no stupid look back episode half way through, which is good...

Hope the spoiler tags caught everything :D

Good work Dulpit. Hard work, isn't it? :D

• Advertisement

Pity TG4 hasn't caught up...Used to be pretty good but has slipped. Had to watch all of China on YouTube (though was able to do it in a few days!) and had to source Fans v Favs elsewhere but at least it's up to date with America.

Rest of the series should be interesting but I'm not sure who I want to win at this stage...
    Parvati and Natalie are the only ones who have done anything but have not won any friends on the jury (especially now that Ozzy knows about the vote that saw him go), Cirie schemes a little but hasn't really done anything outstanding, Erik may survive because of how the women will have to focus attention on each other but doesn't deserve to win

Moment of the series had to be
    Alisa when Jason gave her the stick, her reaction was priceless...And James is great all round

🤪

Loving this series so far. It was starting to get dull in the last few years but the last few episodes have really made up for that.
    My favourite is Cirie because I think she knows and does a hell of a lot more than she is being shown to do. I couldn't believe it when credit was given to Parvati (hate her!) when Ozzy (I think) went.

Has anyone been watching the behind the scenes of what happens when people get voted out? It's very interesting.

Has anyone been watching the behind the scenes of what happens when people get voted out? It's very interesting.

What's this then? I'm intrigued.....

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    What's this then? I'm intrigued.....

CBS have been putting up short videos of the moment the person voted out leaves Tribal and arrives at what is known as Ponderosa where they live. They show where they sleep, the food they get, the activities they do and their reactions to Tribal, etc.

They can be viewed on http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor16/video/ponderosa.php?cid=652656854&play=true&cc=13 and are not restricted to people in America which is great.

Alternatively they are on You Tube at http://www.youtube.com/user/weecama

But don't look at either page until you have seen the last episode because you'll see who went.

Ah cool...Must check them out!

Yeah, I nearly ruined a series of Survivor for myself by going to the CBS page when Survivor was being shown on TG4 - completely forgot that we were weeks behind and spotted the winner before realising! :(

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Ah cool...Must check them out!

Yeah, I nearly ruined a series of Survivor for myself by going to the CBS page when Survivor was being shown on TG4 - completely forgot that we were weeks behind and spotted the winner before realising! :(

Ya I did that for a good few years! Now the CBS website doesn't show who went on the main page as they've finally realised that people from different coasts watch it at different times, or Tivo it.
    The Ponderosa videos are great because they show a bit more of James and how he's doing and make you realise that his injury is slightly more serious than you'd think.

Cheers for the ponderosa stuff, i'll have to watch that some time when i get a chance (when i don't have exams)...

All these spoilers are getting annoying, would it be possible to edit the title to include a SPOILER ALERT and remove them?

Thread renamed.... Exposed spoilers now allowed (I'm not editing the existing posts though!)

Good man Mr. E!!!

• Advertisement

Latest episode: Wow. Just wow.

I actually can't believe there are people as stupid as Erik.

Final is on Sunday by the way, so we don't even have to wait a week to find out who wins.

My vote is still for Cirie.

What a complete and utter idiot!!!!!

Ahh, drives me crazy to see such stupidity... What possible good could have come out of that like? Spanner...

Also, yay! \o/ Final Sunday \o/

I dunno who's gonna win, i think it'll possibly be Amanda or Cirie...

What a complete and utter idiot!!!!!

Ahh, drives me crazy to see such stupidity... What possible good could have come out of that like? Spanner...

The really stupid thing about it is that he was guaranteed final 4, and could easily win the next immunity (although it's usually seeing how long they can stand on something small and Parvati is good at that!) so that guarantees him final 3. Why couldn't he just worry about the jury when he got that little bit closer? He probably could have beaten Natalie because she is just such an annoying little tool.

Ugh, all the men on the jury are stupid anyway. They've all managed to fcuk up with the immunity idol. (James did last season.)

I'm really hoping that the jury realise that Cirie has been the mastermind behind most of the big moves and give her credit for that. I really couldn't handle it if Amanda, Parvati or Natalie won. Amanda will really go for it if she's final 2 (or is it 3 this year?) because at that point in filming she still didn't know whether she had won last season yet.

I've watched Survivor since the first season and I've never hated so many of he final 4!

I just watched the ponderosa clips, quite entertaining...

Tis a bit weird that Amanda is in this & stuff, and at the time of filming not knowing if she won... I had forgotten about that...

Also, i just thought of it, from next season survivor will be in high-definition, which will be cool... I doubt you'd be able to get it anywhere here on HD, but maybe the cousins will be able to send on a copy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Survivor 16. Holy shit. This is still on the go, wow.

The daddy of all the reality tv.

I just watched the ponderosa clips, quite entertaining...

Tis a bit weird that Amanda is in this & stuff, and at the time of filming not knowing if she won... I had forgotten about that...

Yup, and James is there too knowing who he voted for! (Not Amanda!) Also, they left for Micronesia at the time the 5th episode of China was being aired, so neither the fans nor the favourites knew much about Amanda and James going into the game.
    Sherifu wrote: »
    Survivor 16. Holy shit. This is still on the go, wow.

The daddy of all the reality tv.

Yeah, and this is probably the best season in a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

That Erik is not the sharpest tool in the shed! The BS Natalie was comimg up with was pathetic and so obviously a setup. Even if Erik thought that he couldn't win he should have being looking at grabbing the 2nd or 3rd place prize money. I believe that 2nd gets around 200k.

I think that unlike last season, when Amanda got hammered in the final vote, that she has a good chance this time. She certainly has Ozzie and Jame's votes. Cerie was involved in voting off far more people on the jury than Amanda and this will come back to bite her.

The smart move for Parv and Cerie would be to vote Amanda out next and take Nat to he jury vote. However Amanda is the strongest competitor left and she must have a good chance of winning the next immunity challenge.

D'oh! Erik you idiot...Should be interesting to see him arriving at Panderosa!

Final 4 is interesting. Amanda would prob be favoured by Jury but hasn't really made any bold moves so it depends on if the jury is going to hold that against them (rather than saying "ok, I got outplayed, well done".

By the looks of some of them I'd say it will go to the safe player (Amanda if she makes it). Don't think Nat had too many fans, Parv lost a lot of favour with both James and Ozzy, Cirie - not sure they know what involvement she has had so could take it...Will be an interesting one!

🤪

If Amanda wins I might actually cry. Cirie has played an unbelievably smart game, and it will come down to whether the jury realise that or not, and if they do know, whether they are going to vote for the person who played the best game. Even though she caused Yau Man, who is the coolest man alive, to get voted out, I still really like her.

Hopefully Yau Man get's Player of the Season. He really deserves the $100,000 for being so damn cool.

Cirie has played an unbelievably smart game, and it will come down to whether the jury realise that or not, and if they do know, whether they are going to vote for the person who played the best game.

TBH i think she has snuck in, people ignore her when it comes to being a threat, so she just rode others coattails to the final, i hope she doesn't win...
    Hopefully Yau Man get's Player of the Season. He really deserves the $100,000 for being so damn cool.

You think? He was in it for like what, 2 episodes?

TBH i think she has snuck in, people ignore her when it comes to being a threat, so she just rode others coattails to the final, i hope she doesn't win...

You think? He was in it for like what, 2 episodes?

I disagree, Cirie has masterminded a lot of the moves, including getting rid of Erik.

As for Yauman, I'm going on his last season. He rocked that one.

• Advertisement

Wow, Ozzy went a bit mental there! I was not expecting that!

Eliza was like Sue from season 1 at final tribal. It was great. And the amount of time it took her to vote was so funny.

Natalie is basically nuts. Keep your lesbian fantasies out of the game!

I didn't want either of them to win, but for the way they played the game they both probably deserved it.

Anyway, I liked that they brought it back to final 2 with an endurance style challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I was rooting for Parv from the start - mostly because she was the most fanciable of her own season. Very glad she won. Also happy James one the viewer's vote. He really deserves it.
    Great season overall. People were very skeptical of it at the beginning.
    Some great contestants coming back. Fairplay and Yau were voted out far too early, and I was shocked that James and Penner (2 of my favourite survivors ever) had to be taken out because of injuries.
    The stupidity of Jason and Erik was priceless. Really made the season what it was.
    I also gotta give Natalie her props. A lot of people seem to hate her, but I thought she played a great game and I really liked her. Also she was Hot.

Also happy James one the viewer's vote. He really deserves it.

I agree. He's really funny, especially his little stories about boats and apples, etc. He also seems like a nice guy, and he kept his job as a gravedigger which was nice. Although I think he's moving to LA now to pursue something more showbizzy. Fair play to him though, he deserves to do well out of Survivor.
    Great season overall. People were very skeptical of it at the beginning.

I completely agree! At the start I was thinking that this would just be another mediocre season. The second have of it was fantastic though. As Jeff said, probably the best since season 1. (Even though I hated Richard more than I hate Parvati!) I also liked the fact that they didn't bother with the recap episode at the merge.
    I also gotta give Natalie her props. A lot of people seem to hate her, but I thought she played a great game and I really liked her. Also she was Hot.

Disagree! Natalie looks like one of those blow up sex toys, except that only her face has been blown up. I found her to be irritating and full of her own self-importance. Fair play to her for talking Erik into giving away immunity, but Erik is an idiot so it wouldn't be that hard!

I'm looking forward to getting back to a normal season of survivor with all new contestants. I love that they are going back to Africa. Last time was great because they had the whole being surrounded by dangerous animals thing.

Great season - James is a classic! Amanda imploded at the tribal council - awful arguments and did nothing to win over anyone on the fence.

Eliza's speech was interesting but Ozzy was something else! Different people do view the game differently and Ozzy is clearly a loyal person - dangerous tactic though, has rarely been proven to work (though the series with Ethan and Lex could be counted as an exception).

Great series with some unbelievable moments (and thankfully didn't have to wait for TG4). Roll on Africa!

🤪

Anyone else see the clip of Natalie grabbing Parv's ass as they walked down the beach? Her question makes so much more sense now! (It still doesn't make sense though!)

I forgot to mention that although I enjoyed this season, the finale ruined it for me.

Did not see that clip!!! Question was a bit odd (and still surprisingly hard to understand the second time it was asked). Natalie becomes stranger as time goes on!

Why did the finale ruin it? I wasn't surprised to see it come down to those two (and Parvati winning - if only Amanda could answer questions!)...Don't see how they were overly blindsided by the decision of a final two - it was hinted at by Jeff in the first place and the "last" immunity challenge wasn't a stamina / concentration one so they should have realised something was up!

How sickening must it be to come so close TWICE and not win?! Bad enough for people who play it twice but to get within touching distance (especially when the choice of who to bring into the final is yours! And you can still control the outcome with your tribal answers)...It's a thing I would be curious about going on myself - need to put on a lot of weight though to compensate for the loss while on the show :D

🤪

Interesting final, i was 100% sure that Amanda would win if she brought Parvati, i figured 6-2 or something, but she sucked at the final tribal... Taking Parv was the right decision, firstly she would have been lambasted by the jury for stabbing her ally since day 1 in the back, and also I think Cirie would have walked it anyway...

It was definitely the best season in ages, quite happy about it going to Africa, different sort of landscape & climate which will be a change...

It was definitely the best season in ages, quite happy about it going to Africa, different sort of landscape & climate which will be a change...

I agree! I'm hoping that they'll be in the middle of a desert with a cool round shelter thing like they had last time in Africa. And people having to stay up on the lookout for tigers and stuff.

Couple of general things re. survivor...

I wonder how they manage to keep the results secret each year? It's never come out ever, i presume they have very strict gagging orders on all jury members but still...

Also, is there anything to be said for having Survivor in a completely different climate? i.e. cold & wet, west coast of ireland anyone?

From Fans v Favourites, anyone notice Ozzy's dig at Jeff @ the question about himself & amanda (when he said "you know how these Survivor girls are...") Seen as how Jeff is (was now apparently) going out with Julie from a few years ago...

Also: :rolleyes: that's new...

Couple of general things re. survivor...

I wonder how they manage to keep the results secret each year? It's never come out ever, i presume they have very strict gagging orders on all jury members but still...

Also, is there anything to be said for having Survivor in a completely different climate? i.e. cold & wet, west coast of ireland anyone?

From Fans v Favourites, anyone notice Ozzy's dig at Jeff @ the question about himself & amanda (when he said "you know how these Survivor girls are...")

He also mentioned that he is too popular to serve tables so has to scrub toilets (a shot at Denise from last year perhaps!)

And Survivor did get an Irish makeover - can't remember what it was called...Quite entertaining mainly because none of them knew how to survive, one guy bribed a local to bring him food and a Chet-like character made the final (because whoever was voted off one tribe was also able to remove a player from the other tribe - strange rules)...

(*Edit - sorry, misread that - it's too early...A west coast Ireland setting would drive contestants mad - at least in all the exotic places, there are interesting local tribes or breathtaking scenery - winner of a reward challenge here might get to see Delphi and meet Achill Islanders! Not something I'd wish on them :D)

🤪

• Advertisement
Advertisement