Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get a new contract

Options
  • 11-02-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Im managing Man City and in my 2nd season.

My 1st season didnt go too well and i finished 12th. This season started disastrously but i have recovered well and am now sitting 4th and its well into March. Thing is i got a msg saying the board werent likely to renew my contract.

Im fairly pissed off at this and am wondering if their is a way around it ie a cheat. I NEVER cheat but i feel this is the perfect time as it wud be so unjust if im let go. I know i can just add a new manager and take them over again but it just wouldnt be the same!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well, hopefully this might put your mind at ease... I got a new contract at the end of my 2nd season as manager of ManC, and finished 9th and 5th in 07/08 and 08/09 respectively.

Got that same media message you got too.

You should ask the Board for a new contract at the beginning of May if none is offered by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

cheers mate...i live in hope so! ive asked them for a new contract twice already and they have shot me down twice! maybe if i get european football they will have a change of heart

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

I wouldnt worry about it too much really since even tho they havent offered you one yet they might well wait to c how your season pans out and offer you one then aslong as you meet your start of season aims.At least, thats the way it usually ends up for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Don't worry about it. Its just something that always happens. I finished 3rd in my first season at City. Then towards the end of the second season i got to the last 8 of the champs league, FA Cup final and 3rd in the league and i got that thing twice saying it. (i was pissed). They did offer me a new contract tho!

I also asked for a new contract and they said no, before they eventually offered me on!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Three weeks before the end of the season I got a contract renewal for Wanderers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement