Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no flowers or teddy bears

Options
  • 11-02-2008 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

I read all the 'valentine gift' posts but haven't found anything useful :/

I'm looking for some not overly expensive(up to 80 euros) Valentine gift as he has his birthday this month, too(and for that I will have a major present).
    He doesn't like chocolates and has most of things he would like.

Flowers and teddy bears are out of question ;)

I'd appreciate some tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

What is he interested in, you could choose from a couple of nice little things based on your price range but it all depends what he's interested in - Gadgets, sports, tech etc ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Does he have a games console?? A game for that perhaps??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Keep this in mind -

"An ideal gift is something a person wants but would not necessarily buy themselves"

Example - If he likes a good whiskey, he'd never spend €125 on a bottle of Midleton rare, but he sure would like it!!

If he plays golf, maybe a box of Titleist ProVx which are about €60. (best ball around)

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

he's into computers and gadgets.
    whisky is a good idea :) thx mcaul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

If you're in dublin, go to celtic whiskey shop on dawson street. A real nice Scotch is the Eradour range which have been aged in old wine barrels and give a slight hint of various wines. Very well presented in wooden box.

http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/asp/category_AtoZ.asp?ObjectID=1082&t=197220024&RecordID=165

• Advertisement
Advertisement