Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cubic Capacity of Truck

Options
  • 11-02-2008 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

Morning,

does anyone know the cubic capacity of those large trucks that typically deliver top soil (normally around 20 tons in a load)
    I think they have two rear axials?

thanks

e

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Which cubic capacity

Cubic centimeters for the engine, or cubic meters for the load?

And what's the load? Blocks of styrofoam or concrete blocks?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

cubic capacity of the load (assume soil)
    neighbour has applied for planning permission for a waste dump
    over a certain area. claims only 2/3 trucks a day will and fill the area in in 1 year (approx 1000 trucks).

I can get the cubic area of the site and then I went to see how many trucks required.

I'm thinking at least 10,000!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Off the top of my head i think you can allow for 8 ton weight capacity per axle. So if they have two year axles plus obviously one front one thats 24 ton capacity. I think thats only a general calculation though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

Standard 4-axle rigid construction tipper capacity is 20 tonnes in weight, 15 cubic metres in volume. Articulated trailers can carry bigger loads.

Lorries specially designed to carry waste ie rubbish, can of course carry much bigger volumes in high sided bodies as the same volume of rubbish is much lighter than soil, sand etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,408 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

20 tonnes weight of top soil takes up about 16M3 in volume

(density of dug up top soil is about 1.25kg/l)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

thanks for all replies just what I needed

Advertisement