Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a florist? Valentines Day Roses

• 11-02-2008 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Hey guys;

Want to do a bit better this year than a crummy half dead single rose from Tesco.

Looking for a florist who I can order from and pick up the flowers from on Valentines Day. Looking for the usual, 12/24 roses with a bit of that green stuff... something classic :D

Anyone know what florist to go to or is that pretty much standard for them all to pre-arrange the pick up? I'm based in the city centre near Leeson Street.

Looking for a decent price too, was looking at interflora.co.uk and £500 pound for a hundred roses nearly made me fall of my seat. Would be sweet though but who could afford that. Anyone know where I might get a good deal or is pretty much the case that no matter where I go I'll pay a high premium for flowers on Valentines day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Kiya

Lidl. :D

I know it sounds crazy, but theyre really fantastic value.
    plus pointless spending lotsa money on roses when theyre just gonna die in few days.
    Buy ur roses in lidl. then splash out on ur o/h & buy decent bit of jewelery. always more appreciated. ;)

Ps. just cos theyre from lidl, doesnt mean theyre crap quality.
    they will prob last longer than the ones u pick up in ur local florist & wont break the bank.
    Best of luck

Dozen Deluxe Dutch Rosesfrom Tuesday, 12th Feb, world's most exclusive, choice of Grand Prix and Avalanche, with Gypsophilia and Phoenix leaf in luxury hand tied wrap, extra long-stemmed, top quality large heads, price per dozen 34.99*

Luxury Dozen Roses
    from Monday, 11th Feb, with Gypsophilia and Phoenix leaf, comes in luxury hand tied wrap, price per dozen 14.99*

Classic Dozen Red Roses
    from Tuesday, 12th Feb, classic fresh bouquet for the smaller vase, price per dozen 5.99*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

make your own - http://www.wikihow.com/Fold-a-Paper-Rose

believe me - your girlfriend will love it when you present her with 12 handmade roses (12 roses of decent size will probably take 3 hours to make by the way).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thanks for those kiya, i take it theyll sell out fast ? would they be ok if i bought them day before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

Kiya wrote: »
    Lidl. :D

I know it sounds crazy, but theyre really fantastic value.
    plus pointless spending lotsa money on roses when theyre just gonna die in few days.
    Buy ur roses in lidl. then splash out on ur o/h & buy decent bit of jewelery. always more appreciated. ;)

Ps. just cos theyre from lidl, doesnt mean theyre crap quality.
    they will prob last longer than the ones u pick up in ur local florist & wont break the bank.
    Best of luck

Dozen Deluxe Dutch Rosesfrom Tuesday, 12th Feb, world's most exclusive, choice of Grand Prix and Avalanche, with Gypsophilia and Phoenix leaf in luxury hand tied wrap, extra long-stemmed, top quality large heads, price per dozen 34.99*

Luxury Dozen Roses
    from Monday, 11th Feb, with Gypsophilia and Phoenix leaf, comes in luxury hand tied wrap, price per dozen 14.99*

Classic Dozen Red Roses
    from Tuesday, 12th Feb, classic fresh bouquet for the smaller vase, price per dozen 5.99*

WOW that is great value - will defo be heading to lidl tomorrow morning... cha ching!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

IN THE BAG!

Went down to lidl this morning and got my roses. Went for the deluxe =) 34.99 - they look great, large head on them and that white and green stuff running through them.

They only had maybe 3 or 4 of those type bouquets though so you would want to get your skates on if you're thinking about it. The bouquet I got actually had 13 roses in them :p think I'll take the extra one out though cause my girlfriend is weird about stuff like that.

Just hope they last alright till thursday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,402 ✭✭✭randombar

Lads not sure if I'll get to lidl on time, wouldnt mind getting them delivered to bankcenter in ballsbridge too? Anyone know a reasonable florist?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭M007

Superquinn have 12 roses with greenery for €50 - pricey but not as bad as the florists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Kiya

Placebo wrote: »
    thanks for those kiya, i take it theyll sell out fast ? would they be ok if i bought them day before?

You can buy them up to 4 days before the big day & pop them in water.
    florists already have their flowers in large fridges since the weekend!!
    so when youre buying in a florist, theyre not as fresh as you might think!
    plus, they would have been shipped over in a freighter from holland etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I dropped into Lidl on the way home, the selection was desperate. Must have been a rush on them this morning and allt he good ones taken. Will try superquinn tomorrow

Advertisement