Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fencing/ Wiring costs

• 11-02-2008 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi All

Could anyone give me a rough measure/ idea of cost of fencing at the moment. i.e. per yard or per metre or whatever. A few people have told me it has become more and more expensive. Obviously I know there are many factors that will effect cost here like terrain, clearing away old fencing, clearing trees off ditches in advance of wiring, half stake v full round stakes, barb wire v sheep wire etc etc but I would love to get a rough measure so you could say each 100metres will cost €x to fence.

Due to the presence of a river encircling a large portion of my land, the cost of wiring would determine for me if REPS is worth joining or not. (REPS payment V expense of wiring)

Thanks

EDIT: By the way I mean for someone else to carry out all the labour, it is not feasable for me to do so due to work commitments

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Elstemed

get onto FRS (farm releif services) to give you a rough quote. surely using electric fencing it wouldnt be that expensive. Personally I could fence a few kilometres for a grand of materials, single mains fence, posts every 20 mtrs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Elstemed - what part of the counrty are you based in? PM if you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I paid €4.00 per metre for Galv Sheepwire and a single bullwire top strand, round poles from Eastern Europe properly pressure treated.

Advertisement