Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Car Repair Issue

Options
  • 11-02-2008 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Hi there, I posted earlier in the week about a problem I was having with my sunroof that was stuck open. I took it to my local Hyundai Garage and they have got it closed. They now claim that there was a side light on when I brought it in that wont turn off that indicates a problem some central electrical unit that costs €630 to replace. It was dark when I brought it over and worked previously on it Tuesday and Wednesday night in the dark and definitely saw no light on. There is also no power going to the sunroof motor so it’s not going to open, the motor was working fine when I brought it in despite the sunroof jamming on the rail. I have told them I'm taking the car out this evening and paying for the 2 hours labor. I am not happy though, I feel they have done more damage. Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭freewing

Make sure you get receipts detailing the work that was carried out then I would suggest getting in touch with Hyundai Ireland and relaying the story to them .There is usually a cutomer service dept and hopefully they can help you out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 wcullen

Thanks, Ive asked for detailed receipts so hopefully they will provide. Its a mess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 wcullen

I've just picked my car up. Problem is more serious that was explained.

All of my parking lights stay on when they are turned on and the key is removed from the ignition.

The Climate Control / AC Unit has no power going to it.

And the sunroof motor has no power going to it.

All the garage had to do was re-align the sunroof. Has anybody any idea what they could have done to cause the rest of the problems.

They had the cheek to look for more money to investigate it and charged €170 for causing the damage and for aligning the sunroof.

Advertisement