Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis Film

Options
  • 11-02-2008 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

A feature film based on Crytek's platinum-selling sci-fi first-person-shooter videogame "Crysis" is in the planning stages reports Shack News.

"A Crysis movie is definitely planned. We are in active talks already. I think we will close this topic before the end of this year" says Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli.

A film based on Crytek's previous title, Far Cry, is currently in post-production. It was directed by the ever-reviled Uwe Boll before he resigned from big-budget projects.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Ah, another rubbish game-movie adaption, plotless, Over the top, B movie? ;)
    Ill go see it in the cinema just because I liked the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Asbad wrote: »
    Ah, another rubbish game-movie adaption, plotless, Over the top, B movie? ;)
    Ill go see it in the cinema just because I liked the game.

I'll go because it won't look as good as the game does on full. ;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I'll go because it won't look as good as the game does on full. ;)
    Has anyone ever seen the game at full?

God's PC couldn't run that ****er at full.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

They should make it all CG, no actors.... Just use the game engine on OMGWTFBBQHAX High settings and render it out frame by frame

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hmmm, I think we can all agree that only Uwe Boll can pull this one off successfully.

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    Hmmm, I think we can all agree that only Uwe Boll can pull this one off successfully.

Not sure if that was the appropriate word. And certainly not one I'd expect in the same sentence as "Uwe Boll".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not sure if that was the appropriate word. And certainly not one I'd expect in the same sentence as "Uwe Boll".
    Uwe Boll has successfully managed to destroy any game-film conversion ever :)

Touché ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

HOW DARE YOU!!!! The man is a visionary. He's a legend. He can take a simple idea and form it into such a wonderous thing that any who see it will be...oh, wait...sorry, I was thinking of someone else.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

LMAO, You'd know EA were publishing this :D

nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

humanji wrote: »
    HOW DARE YOU!!!! The man is a visionary. He's a legend. He can take a simple idea and form it into such a wonderous thing that any who see it will be...oh, wait...sorry, I was thinking of someone else.

-

Advertisement