Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK driving licence replacement

Options
  • 11-02-2008 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

I have a UK full bike licence and have managed to lose it. I no longer live in the UK, does anyone know how I go about getting a replacement licence sent to my address in Ireland. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

The DVLA will not send it to an Irish address, you'll need to get it sent out to a mates house and get it sent on.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

Actually sussed it out myself, rang up the DVLA and they are sending me out a certificate of entitlement and will be able to convert this into a Irish bike licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭N8

yellow012 wrote: »
    Actually sussed it out myself, rang up the DVLA website and they are sending me out a certificate of entitlement and will be able to convert this into a Irish bike licence.

which will mean you can collect as many points as you like...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,408 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

yellow012 wrote: »
    Actually sussed it out myself, rang up the DVLA website and they are sending me out a certificate of entitlement and will be able to convert this into a Irish bike licence.

Yep, that's the proper way. If you're resident in EU country A and loose your license issued in EU country B (or more common, when it expires), you are entitled to the same license from country A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

unkel wrote: »
    Yep, that's the proper way. If you're resident in EU country A and loose your license issued in EU country B (or more common, when it expires), you are entitled to the same license from country A

Although there are exceptions. For example, Ireland may not accept entitlement to drive a minibus even if you have a UK D1/D1+E licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

N8 wrote: »
    which will mean you can collect as many points as you like...
    Thats not a problem, its a Yamaha 50 I have and I doubt if it is capable of breaking any speed limit so getting points is not a big worry:)

Advertisement