Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hen night in Kilkenny

• 11-02-2008 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hey everyone, there is a gang of us heading up to Kilkenny in April for a hen night...just wondering where are the good spots to eat and most importantly drink?!! We are between 25 and 30 so anywhere that's not full of kids would be great! Cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

groan!
    2 nice spots for hens, one is about 35 miles north of Kilkenny and the other is about 40 miles south of Kilkenny ;)

OK, seriously:

To Drink:
    Langtons - a big place, decent early on but becomes a cattle mart later, has one of the few nightclubs in KK.
    Matt the Millers - Another large split level pub...party music etc.
    The Venue (Nightclub as part of the Ormonde Hotel)
    Paris Texas - late bar & music I think
    Too Many pubs along Parliament to mention.
    Many loud jointed places along on John's Street, The Kilford Arms (is it still called that folks??)

To Eat:
    You can't go wrong with Langtons, especially with large numbers, they are ideal for that and staff are very nice.Book early!
    Key Largo (if there is a small amount of ye).
    erm, I don't eat out a lot in KK so I'm not too good on the eating front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think the Venue is closed at the moment, dunno for how long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭randombar

http://www.ratemypub.ie/kilkenny/

Should show you a good few spots :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Stephen wrote: »
    I think the Venue is closed at the moment, dunno for how long.

Forever afaik, thank god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Langtons is whore house for bum busters and hurlers. Morriseys, Morrisons, O faeloenss are custy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Plug wrote: »
    Langtons is whore house for bum busters and hurlers. Morriseys, Morrisons, O faeloenss are custy.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I thought Biddy Early's was Hen Party Central?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

mick_irl wrote: »
    I thought Biddy Early's was Hen Party Central?

they start there but round midnight you see them head/crawl/fall cross the road to langtons for whats left of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I was in Langtons on Saturday night last and couldn't get over how empty the front bar was.

Always thought that place used to be jammed on a Saturday night.

Didn't venture to the nightclub (thankfully).

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Since they brought in the half one closing time, I haven't been in a nightclub.

Seeing as they're all pretty rubbish, there's no way I could justify paying into one, especially now that they close early.

• Advertisement
Advertisement