Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom New Connections

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    the employee that told you it was free was wrong. why should they then charge you nothing because an employee made a mistake? if the one that told you it cost 120 was wrong would you then insist on paying?

at what point did you find out you'd have to pay? was the work already done or could you have refused to pay and not bothered with the line as you say?

I only found out I'd have to pay after I went ahead with the connection on the basis it was free and I later got my first bill with an extra 100+ euro on it. Which when I queried it turned out to be for the conenction which I had been assured was free, and Eircom refused to discuss it and insisted I pay it.

At that point I would have refused to pay it and let them disconnect the line but I was worried about it escalating and affecting my credit rating, so I didn't see a choice other than paying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

well that's a different matter entirely. In that case i'm pretty sure you could have got it for free. A retailer doesn't have to sell to you at the advertised price but once a price is agreed and the sale is completed they can't change it

since you got the line put in after being told it would be free and they charged you afterwards you'd have a case for getting it at the agreed price (ie nothing)

i'm not sure how it works when the money has already been paid though

Advertisement