Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester derby Memorial Scarf & Programme on ebay

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

its called someone not being a true fan and prefering to make a few quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah this has been discussed in the United thread already. The vast majority of scarves etc up are from United fans but we now have a few up as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,695 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

dbnavan wrote: »
    This has just been mentioned on SSN, personally i think its sick to make money out this tragedy

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Manchester-Utd-MUNICH-Memorial-Scarf-Programme-10-2-08_W0QQitemZ310022229317QQihZ021QQcategoryZ27393QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I am a liverpool fan, but I have to say I found the minutes silence emotional

It is hardly sick, it might be in bad taste but if there is a demand for something there will always be a market.

This is no more 'sick' than selling Elvis merchandise.

Thicker skins people, save being shocked for something that is truely shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

definately in poor taste.

wouldnt hold it against either club though, people are arseholes. FACT.

now if Utd release a limited edition Munich Anniversary jersey...that'll be a different kettle of fish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Wouldn't call it sick. A bit disrespectful maybe.

• Advertisement

Mr Alan wrote: »
    definately in poor taste.

wouldnt hold it against either club though, people are arseholes. FACT.

now if Utd release a limited edition Munich Anniversary jersey...that'll be a different kettle of fish.

Not sure if it'd go down well. Apparently on the United TEAMTALK forum they're blaming the kit for the defeat!
    "I think the kit unsettled our play and we suffered big time coz of it."

:D Hilarious!

Christ that is hilarious!

freaked we didnt try and get Petrov in the summer :( just wat we're lacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,695 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

How about this for 100 pounds, leave the fans alone.

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_details.aspx?pid=18944&cid=1813&tid=&bid=0&nav=

Ferguson should refund the fans personally for his idiotic team selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Not sure if it'd go down well. Apparently on the United TEAMTALK forum they're blaming the kit for the defeat!

:D Hilarious!

:D:rolleyes::D

tbh

Oh I remember the grey kit well, nice to see the excuses are on a loop

• Advertisement

I wish we could beat Utd in the league again.

i want bragging rights like xavi has at the minute :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Xavi6, Ryan Giggs said City were better. and i agree but find it annoying how they roll over at home to Arsenal one week and play like Real Mardid the next.

As for the memorablilia on ebay, people are like that, they want some cash, if it were me it would be framed in my house somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

where the scarves free at the game?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

DesF wrote: »
    :D:rolleyes::D

tbh

Hands up who has that jersey?

\o.

:(

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Xavi6, Ryan Giggs said City were better. and i agree but find it annoying how they roll over at home to Arsenal one week and play like Real Mardid the next.

Maybe Arsenal are just a far better team than United :p
    As for the memorablilia on ebay, people are like that, they want some cash, if it were me it would be framed in my house somewhere.

Well I just mailed the City fan selling his on ebay and asked if he was giving the proceeds from the scarf to the families of the victims. I await his response.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Maybe Arsenal are just a far better team than United :p

Well I just mailed the City fan selling his on ebay and asked if he was giving the proceeds from the scarf to the families of the victims. I await his response.

a) That remains to be seen, they could well be but the Old Trafford game will have a big say in the in title destination.

b) Lol i would say you aint getting a reply from that!

.b) Lol i would say you aint getting a reply from that!

Yeah I know but there's outrage on the City forum about it and seeing as I admitted having an ebay account I drew the short straw to mail him.

Unearthly wrote: »
    \o.

Mm-hm. Yes indeed I do.

:D:D

I'd say that goes down a storm at the LOI fascist meetings Des! :)

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I'd say that goes down a storm at the LOI fascist meetings Des! :)
    Sure they wouldn't know I was there.

If I wore that to the meeting no-one would see me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ba-Dum Tish!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ok what is the problem? Its a damn scarf, not the ashes of Duncan Edwards.

The scarf was a nice little gesture yesterday, it has no more use. If someone is willing to waste money on this, then its up to them and fair play to the seller.

Ok what is the problem? Its a damn scarf, not the ashes of Duncan Edwards.

The scarf was a nice little gesture yesterday, it has no more use. If someone is willing to waste money on this, then its up to them and fair play to the seller.

Unless the proceeds are going to charity people should not be making money out of this. For me it's as bad as booing during the minute's silence. They should be grateful to have been there in the first place and this is two fingers to fans who weren't.

Anyway ebay have taken and will continue to take down any memorabilia associated with the game. Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Unless the proceeds are going to charity people should not be making money out of this. For me it's as bad as booing during the minute's silence. They should be grateful to have been there in the first place and this is two fingers to fans who weren't.

Anyway ebay have taken and will continue to take down any memorabilia associated with the game. Fair play.

Exactly how I feel.

I tried everything to get a ticket for the game, but it wasn't to be. The comemorative scarf would have taken pride of place in my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

This was happening with Live8 tickets as well if you remember, Geldof was doing his nut over it.

I think a Jay and Silent Bob style going around to their houses and kicking their ass might be in order :)

Well the real City fans have not been taking this lightly. Everyone's been sending out emails to these so called 'fans' demanding the items be taken down and they go on to the message board and explain their actions. We're getting some replies too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I have a mate who sold a Nirvana ticket on ebay for a concert in Dublin that was cancelled because of Kurt Cobains death. Kinda the same thing really, but I dont think its a HUGE deal. If it was me though, Id cherish it as I love that sorta thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well I'm just waiting for Nike and Man U to stand all over the memory and sell that jersey.

the fans that are selling the stuff on ebay are absolute scumbags. Ebay has actually taken down all the items for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Unearthly wrote: »

\o.

:(
    DesF wrote: »
    \o.

Mm-hm. Yes indeed I do.

:D:D

Mwhahah, suckers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

i agree but find it annoying how they roll over at home to Arsenal one week and play like Real Mardid the next..

Eh it wasn't much to do with how City played though. Arsenal actually turned up when they played City, United didn't

SantryRed wrote: »
    Eh it wasn't much to do with how City played though. Arsenal actually turned up when they played City, United didn't

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Yeah mate City were sh1te :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

SantryRed wrote: »

Thats part of it, but the City performance was a lot better against United then it was against Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

where the scarves free at the game?

kdjac

yeah there was a scarf on every seat according to my mate who was at the game. they also got a copy of the programme from the game that came directly after the crash.

Advertisement