Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Club

• 11-02-2008 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Anybody got this yet? Was tempted to pick it up yesterday when getting DMC4. I enjoyed the demo but was wondering what people's impressions of the game were.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I was tempted today, you get it first then report back here! :D

The demo was cool, it seems a tad limited though with only 8 areas, a fair few different game modes though. I think i'll rent it first possibly....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

It was available in GAME for 30 euro, when you bought anything else in the store, from launch. That makes me very wary of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Steez

Goin out to pick it up in a bit, I'll report back with findings.

Apparently it's good for the pick up and shoot everything factor, and not very much else. I've started moving through rooms like in R6 Vegas so I need a change. Possibly mental help,but we'll discuss that later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Steez wrote: »
    I've started moving through rooms like in R6 Vegas so I need a change. Possibly mental help,but we'll discuss that later.

lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Rental only. I can't see it doing well as the offline is boring as hell. Online is decent but I can't see it having much of a community.

• Advertisement

Haven't played it online yet, had a quick blast through the first few sp bits and it's not bad. I'm not really sure how to describe it, but if you think (not literally, but close enough) PGR with guns, that's it.
    Even the feel of the game is more a "SHOOT HIM TO GET A HIGHER SCORE", rather than the "SHOOT HIM BECAUSE HE LOOKS SLIGHTLY EVIL".
    The amount of stylish types of shooting you can do is pretty restrictive, in that your only moves are run, sprint, roll, or kick through something. There's no shootdodging or cover, but it's still good for a small bit of a rush, especially the Run the Gauntlet modes.

I think one of the best bits is the constant reminders that you've explosives coursing through your veins. Nearly every mode's description consist of: "Make it to the exit etc. etc. etc. OR THE EXPLOSIVES IN YOU WILL KILL YOU."

Surely having loads of lads with guns is a bit dangerous, the explosives seems a bit over the top.
    Anyway, enough of my rambling, here's the verdict: If you want PGR except you get to shoot people instead of over take them, then get it. It's good for kicks and arcadeyness. If you're not sure, rent it. Worth a go imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I thought it was decent, deffo not a game with high replay value... Its still 30euro in game till wednesday for anybody interested. It aint worth full price though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Didn't like it at all,bought it and brought it back after 2 days and swapped it for Devil May Cry 4.

Definatly a rental job if you are interested in the game.

The Nemo chap is hilarious - "Oooh yes, look at me in my yellow raincoat. I'm quite clearly mad"

Advertisement