Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to buy Microsoft Office

• 11-02-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey, just got a new laptop. Delighted etc. But it didn't come with office which I need for college.
    Is there any way I can get older versions of office cheaply or will I have to shell out €100 for the newest version (which is probably the exact same as the old ones).

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Terran

If your college is part of the Microsoft Academic Alliance, your Microsoft Representative should be able to provide you with a copy of Office for little or no cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

OpenOffice is a free replacment for MS Office. Google it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭patto_chan

+1 for Open Office
    degsie wrote: »
    OpenOffice is a free replacment for MS Office. Google it!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

patto_chan wrote: »

Hmmm, sounds interesting.
    Does it use .doc/.xls files so that you can edit and view normal office documents ok?

The cheapest I've found for Office is €78 from software4students.com so thanks for that. I might try open office first to see how well it works. It's free, nothing to lose

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

+1 open office. Can set it to save as standard MS formats.

Advertisement