Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

24 hour small VAN hire for an IKEA trip - whos cheap and dublin city?

Options
  • 11-02-2008 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

Van hire?
    One flat pack will be 2 metres long.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

Enterprise Van rental are not too bad. I used them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Used Murphy Truck hire before for a LWB high roof transit. Friendly, competitive (€115 a day I think which was cheaper than everywhere else I called) and good service. Alot of catches with renting vans though. If you use your own insurance thats fine, if you opt for their insurance there is a much bigger excess if anything happens.
    There are limitations with mileage too, something like 100km or 100m per day on hire with a cost per extra mile and you have to return it with a full tank of diesel.
    So work out the total cost and see if it's worth it. A roof rack might be the cheaper optionor if a friend has an estate car. 2m will easily fit if the passenger seat is down and would probably fit at an angle with the passenger seat up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

I might opt for a trailer in the end as I would love to bring the folks with me to norn iron for a day trip.

A pall of mine knows people in boating circles and I think I might be able to track down someone with a trailer and give then a few $ for the days informal hire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Try AVIS Truck and Van. They supply van, insurance and AA 5 star cover.

01 409 7590 or 021 428 1100. They are based in Dublin (Tallaght) and Cork (Douglas).

Cheers I hired a Astra Saloon in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are they building those for Ireland again?

Shes a 2003. I have her til Monday, should do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Bit old for a hire car innit! Although a mate of mine went to Romania and they hired out a 00 E Class.

Bit concerned about the tracking to be honest, steering is a bit off, I reckon she has hit a few foot paths.

Advertisement