Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Motivator Needed

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dv6

So had a weigh in this morning. Now 50lbs lighter than when i started this journey. Happy with that, but stil lots more to do.

Right, back to training tonight after a weeks holidays where diet went out the window and much beer was consumed, still managed to get a few cardio sessions in though. ack to the straight and narrow now after a wild week.

Date: 11/08/2008
    DB Bench 12, 12, 12
    DB Lunge 12, 12, 12
    DB Squat 12, 12, 12
    DB One Arm Row 12, 12, 12
    DB Deadlift 12, 12, 12
    Abs 12, 12, 12

First night back, not too bad, didnt do a whole lot as started late.

Had a Gaelic match last night so didnt wanna do too much on Tuesday, went to local pitch, bit of a run for warmup. then some exercises with the ball, done some sprinting, warm down and home.

Played that match then yesterday, was a tough game and legs feeling it today but back to the weights tonight.

Last night couldnt do my squats, lunges or deadlifts as hamstring in left leg was very sore, must have strained it during game on wednesday.
    DB Bench 12, 12, 12
    Bodyweight Dip 12, 12, 12
    DB Shoulder Press 12, 8, 8
    Abs 30, 30, 30

Went for a 15 minute jog after.

• Advertisement

Bad weekend beer, diet and exercise wise. Felt like crap yesterday, went for a 5k run. Tried to do some weights at home but my shoulder is very sore and was preventing me from doing most exercises.

Date: 20/08/2008
    Weight Reps
    DB Bench 12, 12, 12
    Bodyweight Dip 12, 12, 12
    DB Lunge 12, 12, 12
    DB Squat 12, 12, 12
    DB Deadlift 12, 12, 12
    Abs 30, 30, 30

Weighed in this morning. Down to 12st even now. Happy enough with that. Went for got HIIT down at local pitches last night, really thought i was gonna get sick near the end.

Mixed weekend, diet not great but got out everyday to do something and avoided beer. Friday night was gaelic training, went to the pool on Saturday and then gaelic training again on Sunday.
    Hadnt much time last night so just got the following done.
    Squat 3 * 12
    Deadlift 3 * 12
    Bench 3 * 12
    Dips 3 * 12

Drove home again for gaelic training last night. Good session. Lot of tackling and blocking work. Feel wrecked today.

• Advertisement

Not too bad at weekend, few pints on Friday night after a game but still got out for a run on Saturday and Sunday. Went for a 5k run yesterday evening.

Drove home for gaelic training last night. All well until near the end went in to a 50/50 ball and got a really bad dead leg. Very stiff and sore this morning so dont think ill be doing much for next couple days, have big game coming up soon, dont wanna make it worse.

Dead leg has prevented any cardio work beyond going for the odd slow walk, should i say hop cause of the limp. Got vaccines for South East Asia on Wednesday too and not allowed to lift after them seemingly so couldnt even do upper body work. Weighed in this morning and still managed to be 1lb down this week, so happy enough with that.

Wow havent updated this in nearly a month. Been keeping up the regular exercise, weights and cardio. This will probably be my last post, finishing up work and heading on a RTW trip for a year.
    Started out this time last year trying to lose weight, was 220lb, started this log in January and honestly say couldnt have continued without it and the fantastic resource that is the forum. Finishing up now at 161lb and never felt better, well wont say finishing, just finishing this log.
    Again thanks to everyone who has given advice or support along the way, couldnt have done it without ye all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Congratulations on all of your progress dv6!! Inspiring stuff! :) Enjoy your well-earned round-the-world trip. Hopefully you'll find plenty of places to keep exercising! :) Good luck.

Advertisement