Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone contract insanity

Options
  • 11-02-2008 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Ok where to start, about 6 months ago I changed from a bill phone to a ready to go (I was out of contract) but I never received a closing bill and as time went by I forgot about it. Two months ago I decided to go back to bill phone (all on the same number) and I was reconnected with no problems or reference to outstanding bill or anything. 3 weeks ago I started getting treatening letters and phone calls from Vodafone's debt collection agency Intrium Justicia, obviously I called Vodafone straight away and they admitted that they were wrong and told me they would send out the bill and offered me 1 months line rental free as a compensation. 3 weeks later no bill was posted out and a solicitors letter was waiting for me saying they are starting legal proceedings within 7 days!!! I was just wondering has anything like this ever happened to anyone else and should I look for something more than 1 month free line rental. I mean my credit history/ record is being put in jeopardy over a mistake that Vodafone made. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

these things happen. its a billing error and it should be fairly simple to sort out if you get a competent agent on the phone. its not a rip off

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sham08

its not a rip off

Yea I suppose its not a rip off, I'm just annoyed that they let it get to the stage that they are calling in solicitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

billing errors can happen for sure, for it to go as far as recieving solicitors should not happen, this is a major screw up

you should get acknowledgements from Vodafone of their mistake in writing and keep it incase this continues... i.e. start a paper trail so you have docmentaiton to show you are in the right and it is they who messed up

make sure this hasn't affected you credit rating... if it has you need to get is sorted as fast as possible

if you are having problems you should contact http://www.consumerconnect.ie/ and see what advice they offer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It won't affect your credit history if it's in this country. Only banks, lenders can do that here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

They would send you your final bill followed by a final demand letter before they send you to a debt collection agency.

• Advertisement
Advertisement