Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Combo/ Corsa Driver's Footwell Wet

Options
  • 11-02-2008 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Just noticed water getting into the driver's footwell on my '05 Combo - same as a Corsa. I lifted the carpet, but I can't see where it's getting in.The soundproofing's absolutely sopping wet. Any ideas, anyone? There don't appear to be any holes drilled in the bulkhead for ICE or mobile phones or whatever...
    Thanks in advance!

O/D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The usual suspects are:

clogged sunroof drains (if apliccable)
    leaking seals in either door or windscreen
    leaking heater matrix

Basically the water could come from anywhere, it just collects in the footwell because that's the lowest point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Would that account for the pad behind the pedals being the worst, water-wise? That's quite high up.
    Thanks, by the way!
    O/D

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

it could be coming in somewhere near the scuttle aswell, theres a littlecover thing that you can pull up on the floor it should have the chasis no. there, if its sogging under there you might be able to narrow it down,

does it have air con?is the passenger side affected

• Registered Users Posts: 16 E34

Check the seal at the back of the brake booster where its attached to the bulkhead. Easily tested with a bottle of water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

E34, thanks I will do. That sounds about right, position-wise, and I did spill some water there while filling up the washer bottle.

woop, there's no aircon, and the the little flap for the chassis number does indeed reveal the carpet's sopping under there.

Thanks for the replies, guys, much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bandit112

Overdriver,
    Any Luck in sourcing the leak in your 05 combo?
    I have a 05 one aswell and its doing the exact same thing.

Advertisement