Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olive Grove

Options
  • 11-02-2008 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

The new Olive Grove is fab, went there last night and was beautiful but very expensive.

Would recommend for Vals night as is very romantic :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

I thought it was the opposite.. menu didn't change... and too many people there...

prefered the old place...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah me too, Think Thyme is better than Olive grove, less choice but cheaper and tastier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 shineon

Not at all impressed with new Olive Grove. Six different waiting staff to our table, asked for glass of wine twice and it never appeared, no dessert cutlery served with dessert etc. No atmosphere at all in there. Food was mediocre. OP is the first person i've heard with something good to say about the place, everyone seems to be disappointed! They have started to advertise for celebrations like 21st's and Stag/Hen Parties, don't think that's a good sign! Pity really cos it's location is perfect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

shineon wrote: »
    Not at all impressed with new Olive Grove. Six different waiting staff to our table, asked for glass of wine twice and it never appeared, no dessert cutlery served with dessert etc. No atmosphere at all in there. Food was mediocre. OP is the first person i've heard with something good to say about the place, everyone seems to be disappointed! They have started to advertise for celebrations like 21st's and Stag/Hen Parties, don't think that's a good sign! Pity really cos it's location is perfect!

What is OP? :confused:

I really liked it the night we were there..

• Registered Users Posts: 36 denmcn

Since moving to its new location I have heard many many comments ranging from fab to absolutely awful - most problems I've heard (and all from previous "regulars") were relating to dining in the evening and were both service and food related.

Personally I have always loved the place, I've only been there once since they moved (mainly because of the bad press). It was at lunchtime and was gorgeous, no complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Featherl wrote: »
    What is OP? :confused:

I really liked it the night we were there..

Original Poster, which was you in this instance.

I've seen good and bad with the Olive Grove. Word of mouth would seem to suggest that the food and service deteriorate in the evening.

Advertisement