Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Linksys WRT45G V7 on BT

• 11-02-2008 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

im having awful problems getting my ADSL router and the linksys to work together. Many hours of hardship

I want to use the Linksys WRT45G for my wireless.

I have two BT ADSL routers at my disposal Voyager & Zyxel.

Does anyone have this type of setup that could help me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Is there a reason you don't just use the WRT54G as your router and just use one of the others as the modem?

To use the WRT54G *just* as a wireless access point you need to connect the Voyager or Zyxel routers to the LAN port of the WRT54G and not the WAN port. This way you are using the WRT54G as a switch only and because the WRT54G is part of the same network as the Voyager or Zyxel router then anyone who connects the WRT54G (wirelessly or otherwise) will get access to the internet. Make sure to turn off DHCP on the Linksys and obviously set up the wireless on it aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

thanks i was using the wan port like the manual says. didnt realise what i was doin wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Kingkong

Is there any 3rd party firmware available for the wrt45g version 7

Advertisement