Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'00 Golf GTI - How much?

Options
  • 11-02-2008 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭

Just wondering what people think a late 2000 revised spec Golf GTI should be selling for...

A few more details:

5 door
    Black
    circa 50k miles
    FSH
    Pretty much as new condition - dont think anyones ever sat in the back

What do you reckon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I suppose 9-10k.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah looking around Carzone.ie the cars similar to yours are all around the 10k mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Wowsers. That much? 8 years old?

Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 fastman

Yea a good GTI like that should get close to 8 anyway. any pics??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Mk iv golf was never a good GTI!

• Advertisement

No pics I'm afraid, but it looks the same at the linked car, except with grey/black seats

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/370753.htm

I know its not the hottest hatch going, but its a real nice car. Bit of pace and relatively good handling. I owned a (non-GTI) Mk4 before and found it easy to live with.

Thanks for the posts. All opinions welcome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 fastman

Yea i agree the Mark V is a huge improvement , but the mk IV is still fun to drive !!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I think you'd be mad to pay €10k for an 8-year-old Golf. Assuming the car to be really excellent, with FSH and air conditioning, i'd say €7,500 tops. And I mean tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

its not what you'd pay though is it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

All Golfs are stupidly overpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Id say around 6500 cash for a quick sale

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm afraid the MkIV Golf GTi is not as sought after as some of the other generations of GTi. Presume it is the standard 150bhp version which I would guess will fetch around €8,500 to €9,000.

Would not pay much attention to carzone.ie to be honest. Alot of dreamers on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

6 to 7k to actually shift it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Even Golf lovers don't particularly love this car. Very hard car to sell, not a particularly good car to drive, mediocre at best handling.
    Nice recaro seats is the best thing can be said about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,454 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

groupb wrote: »
    Mk iv golf was never a good GTI!

+1

Some people pay silly money for old Golfs, but €10k for an 8 year old Mk 4 GTI is plain ridiculous tbh

I've seen them up on the usual overpriced sites with silly price tags. They seem to be there a while...

A friend of mine is going to be selling the car in the nearish future. I registered my interest, so just need a good guide on what the car is realistically worth. I wouldnt pay anything over 7k for it. Was hoping it would be closer to 6k.

Thanks for all the opinions...

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Get the GtTdi, now that's a beast of a car!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Get the GtTdi, now that's a beast of a car!

Pure beast... same bhp, same 0-60 time, but it's a pure beast at the same time, cause it chews up the road as you drive it.
    You'll beat any other car in a race provided you start ahead of them, cause when you put the foot down the other car won't see anything from the smoke from the exhaust!
    They only came out in 02 though, and are over priced poor handling cars with loud engines and even more understeer than the GTi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 k-mecca

Hi, I currently have my 2000 GTI for sale at only €5,600 as I must move to the U.S (Next Monday actually!!)
    It's on Carzone - 3 dr silver with blue Recaro interior,ICE alarm 69k miles F.S.H.
    I actually had the car sold for €6,500 at the end of September but the chap from Athy couldn't get his loan approved (blasted economy).
    If you'd like to view it you're more than welcome,I live in Newbridge and work in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I'm looking for one but black would be my preferred colour with 3 doors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Moanin wrote: »
    I'm looking for one but black would be my preferred colour with 3 doors

I had a black one and it is without doubt the best colour for the Golf 4 when clean!!
    It is nearly impossible to keep the back of these cars clean for anything more than a day on our stinking roads.

The silver ones look cleaner for longer IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 k-mecca

I was originally after a black one too but found that it was the preffered colour of most boy racers too so the cars had been "well used".
    I bought my one from a Garda who was so forthcoming with the history I couldn't say no,I'm only selling as i have no need for it now but wouldn't otherwise,class car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭demon83

I have a 01 3 door black GTI has 90k on it, but is in great nick. was looking into trading in against a 05 MK5 GTI and the dealer would only give 6k for my own so told him the deal was off, surely its worth a bit more than that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

yeah but a Mk 5 gti '05 is only going for 15-18k. 10k to come up 4 years and get a far superior car is not too bad imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

demon83 wrote: »
    I have a 01 3 door black GTI has 90k on it, but is in great nick. was looking into trading in against a 05 MK5 GTI and the dealer would only give 6k for my own so told him the deal was off, surely its worth a bit more than that

Worth about 7k max on the private market so that was actually quite a good offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

9k for an eight year old Golf:eek:

6500 for a chance to actually sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 65,454 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

k-mecca wrote: »
    Hi, I currently have my 2000 GTI for sale at only €5,600 as I must move to the U.S (Next Monday actually!!)
    It's on Carzone - 3 dr silver with blue Recaro interior,ICE alarm 69k miles F.S.H.
    I actually had the car sold for €6,500 at the end of September but the chap from Athy couldn't get his loan approved (blasted economy).
    If you'd like to view it you're more than welcome,I live in Newbridge and work in Dublin.

The OP posted 9 months ago. I'd say chances are he got one by now, don't you think?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement