Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heating timer switch issue

• 11-02-2008 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all

Our heating timer switch doesnt work. Its one of those old style ones, where you pull out the bits when you want the time to come on. The heat is fine, and comes on when you set it on constant.

I would like to get a new one, anyone got any ideas on somewhere where I can buy one, and organise to get it fitted as well.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

any electrical wholesalers would supply them. i think the most common makes are apt and flash. i think also you would be hard pressed to find a sparks that will take time to do such a small job but anyone with a basic electrical knowledge should be able to change it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 manu04

ok, but i dont have "basic electrical" knowledgle icon4.gif

any idea how i can find out how to fit the new timing switch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭10-10-20

To fit such a device without knowing the basics is not possible. There are too many safety risks for both you and the occupants of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭eoghan.geraghty

A sparks would need to be extremely busy to refuse to come out for a handy job like that, expect to pay him for the full hour though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭10-10-20

And to be honest, a new controller will come with a instalation manual which will provide as much detail as we could reasonably manage to provide from here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 manu04

I'd have no issue paying for an hour, to make it worthwhile.

What would a decent rate be?

Advertisement