Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jk rowling

Options
  • 11-02-2008 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Was there big ques in UCD today to get the tickets to jk rowling?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 irish&proud

huge!
    Is there any chance that she will sign autographs later tommorow after the award ceremony for people who dont have tickets? Would non- UCD students be allowed near the place??

Oh crap....is there any chance that she will sign autographs later tommorow after the award ceremony for people who dont have tickets? Would non- UCD students be allowed near the place??

Can someone please help me??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Can someone please help me??

I don't think so. They had a raffle for people to get their books signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

if you dress up as a wizard they'd probably let you in without a ticket

• Advertisement

if you dress up as a wizard they'd probably let you in without a ticket

I might just try it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Tom65 wrote: »
    I don't think so. They had a raffle for people to get their books signed.
    I never heard about this? I have a book! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I never heard about this? I have a book! :(

You big ghey. Go to Tim Harford in TCD on Wednesday instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Ibid wrote: »
    You big ghey. Go to Tim Harford in TCD on Wednesday instead.

Ooh thats right and what other big names are you getting in er... Naomi Campbell. Maybe if you sit in the front row her flying filofax might hit you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

stolenwine wrote: »
    Ooh thats right and what other big names are you getting in er... Naomi Campbell. Maybe if you sit in the front row her flying filofax might hit you! :)

Excuse me but I'm having a private word the co-mod of the Economics forum. Us economists shouldn't be associating with popular culture icons like JK Rowling or Naomi Campbell.

We're nowhere near cool enough to be seen in the same room as them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

She's not coming anymore. It now a 'live video link' to theatre M

Are you serious?? Shes not coming to Dublin at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

That's a live video link from Theatre L to Theatre M, as I understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr Minraise

Are you serious?? Shes not coming to Dublin at all?

Deadly. Heard it last night from a debating mate of mine. Then when i came into to college this morning i saw that all the Jk Rowling posters have new white stickers on them explaining that is now just a live feed from some other part of the world.

Pretty pissed off myself. Really wanted to question her about Dumbledore's new found sexuality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Bwahaha! I saw that just there a minute ago but I thought it was a video link from L to M for those that didn't have tickets, but if she's not showing up that's even better.

It's the link from L to M. She is still coming. Reasons why I know this to be true:

1) If they were replacing the actual talk with a video feed, why would they move to a smaller theatre? Surely there'd be enough demand to keep L anyway.

2) A friend of mine heard directly from the auditor of the L&H that JK would be in L and there'd be a video feed to M

No discussing of ticket sales. Period. Even if it's just: "Someone offered my a MILLION EURO for my ticket, but I told him no!"

Raphael wrote: »
    No discussing of ticket sales. Period. Even if it's just: "Someone offered my a MILLION EURO for my ticket, but I told him no!"

How long will this event last do you think?? Are non-UCD students allowed into theatre M with the webcast?

It wasnt even on the news.Will ferrell got more coverage while JK is much more famous. Anyone who had a ticket..What was it like. Did she sign any autograpghs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

But Will Ferrell has that raw sex appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Is it really so strange? Hollywood will always trump authors no matter how famous. Its also the same in terms of the music industry movie stars age gracefully on the big screen where as old rock stars are for the most part an embarrassment the longer they stay on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

How was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

Someone say it was terrible and not worth going to... I wanted to go but couldn't... so please say I missed nothing! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

It wasnt even on the news.Will ferrell got more coverage while JK is much more famous. Anyone who had a ticket..What was it like. Did she sign any autograpghs?
    There will be a clip about it on the Den, there were RTE cameras there.
    She signed one autograph, from a little boy dressed in full wizard outfit.

It was short (the event), but I'm glad I went.
    She read from the book, took ten pre-submitted questions, got the award, then left.

There will be a clip about it on the Den, there were RTE cameras there.
    She signed one autograph, from a little boy dressed in full wizard outfit.

It was short (the event), but I'm glad I went.
    She read from the book, took ten pre-submitted questions, got the award, then left.

Could anyone without a ticket have gotten in to get an autograph?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

No. Even those with tickets couldn't get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JumpJump

F uck this overrated hack.

Yiz should have gone to Eddie Izzard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭McGinty

I am soooo happy I missed it, I had to go to something else, that has made a **** day much better,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

JumpJump wrote: »
    F uck this overrated hack.

Yiz should have gone to Eddie Izzard.

Feck did I miss him??!! Damnation!

Theres been an amazing calibre of personalities visiting UCD this year. I hope someone has invited Rowan Atkinson,that would really top of the year for me!Rowan Atkinson or Jimmy Carr,Im not fussy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 RIP-sanity

I went and was very glad. I had fairly low expectations but enjoyed myself, she proved to be very witty and personable and I think most who went would agree.. Funniest moment was when James Mountjoy L&H person was one of the "chosen" who got to ask a question and everyone did a bit of a cynical laugh considering he's way up in the L&H.. J.K just looked around and asked "What? Why is it funny?" She read very well also.

Advertisement