Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B*tchiness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

yep.. I was only joking... and I wanted to legitimately use the word bitch 3 times in the one sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

I wouldn't have thought that LL was overly bitchy! Motors - now theres a forum full of bitchiness!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Bitching about bitchiness has got to be the height of bitchiness.

If its any consolation, I'm now bitching about you bitching about bitching about bitchiness.

Silverfish wrote: »
    If its any consolation, I'm now bitching about you bitching about bitching about bitchiness.

hmmm... should I move this a step further... no... that could be a long slippery slope...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Quality wrote: »
    I dont mean to insult anyone here, but I started another thread in ah at the weekend, Half my comments were deleted from it, Then the thread was split and the title changed and ......... Jaysus I could go on for every....
    That was some train wreck. I had a lot of lols watching it unfold, then the feedback thread too. :D
    Bitching about bitchiness has got to be the height of bitchiness.
    Agreed. Mud wrestling has gotta be the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

rkm wrote: »

Agreed. Mud wrestling has gotta be the way to go.

pfft, KY Jelly wrestling ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

mmmmm, jelly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

DubLegs wrote: »
    I wouldn't have thought that LL was overly bitchy! Motors - now theres a forum full of bitchiness!!

Motors, really? Whoda thunk it? Must have a nosey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Peared wrote: »
    Whats the feckin story with this place? When the Ladies Lounge opened first I asked if it wold be boring or if the fellas would pop in and mock us. Strangely though, the one thing I didnt anticipate was the absolute b*tchiness that goes on in here. Yes there are a lot of good arguments and interesting posts and people just disagreeing but my god, theres an awful lot of nastiness too.

I went to a Loreto and I gotta say this place is starting to remind me of my days there. I think, if it continues to escalate in this manner, the Ladies Lounge will eventually implode.

Any thoughts?

ha ha!! it does remind me of my loreto days too!! ha ha!!

I don't think it's bitchy as such, more so that there's a lot of highly opinionated ladies here, some more than others and they can come across quite argumentative. Sometimes I find the opinions of others to be quite pushy and trying to prove you wrong whereas it's just everybody saying their thoughts on a public forum.

To be honest, I'm not here to get into any arguments. I just enjoy boards to have the odd chat about things and to help others with the things that I know about and I like that others can do the same for me.

Then again girls will always be girls!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Quality wrote: »
    ~~GIRL POWER~~
    Lulz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Dudess wrote: »
    Lulz

:eek:*gasp* Dudess, that not cutting it close with your anti-txtspk stance?:p

Well haven't really found it more bitchy here than on AH so maybe that's just that I visit more oppinionated areas of boards.ie.
    Do find the posters to put, on average, a bit more thought and effort into their posts and arguements, and actually read other posters' points, so far though (I'm so going to get flak for this from the AH crowd whenever I've the time to have a browse again:rolleyes:).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I don't think it's bitchy as such, more so that there's a lot of highly opinionated ladies here, some more than others and they can come across quite argumentative. Sometimes I find the opinions of others to be quite pushy and trying to prove you wrong whereas it's just everybody saying their thoughts on a public forum.

I agree. I never noticed any bitchiness so much, more that some people are very pushy with their opinions & will pick at anything that goes against that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Crazy Catlady

I'm concerned about the amount of monkey related posts.
    :mad:

Are there girlie monkies? Will they start on the feminist monkies? If a monkey has a hairy armpit is she just a monkey; or is she considered a radical?
    And how do you spell the plural of monkies/eys

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Feedback taken onboard. I was thinking (perhaps unrealistically) that there wouldn't be much of a fluff/feminist crossover. I guess I have been wrong lately and it's hard to find the balance here. So from now on it would be appreciated if there is a thread about something that irks you, then post a counter thread to it, rather than taking the original one off topic. Think of it as a restraining order :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

sar84 wrote: »
    I agree. I never noticed any bitchiness so much, more that some people are very pushy with their opinions & will pick at anything that goes against that.

Yeah that's definitely how I feel.

I just feel that if there's a thread in a topic you don't agree with etc there's not always the need for the snide remarks etc... for me, i just don't bother contributing to the thread if it's going to cause uproar and result in people being banned... I know it doesn't seem to happen much in LL but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

say what you will about the b*thiness its got alot of people talking on here.

I find with some threads [I never looked at the catching the bouqet so don't know where that one went] that people can sometimes take it as someone being b*tchy when they just don't agree with them.

The Menstural cups thread was mentioned in some other thread as being an example of one the feminists issue threads and as the person who started it I would just like to say it was not started as a feminists thread, I had a genuine question about a product that could only be used by women [at least I hope, Ive now put the awful image of some man finding one, not knowing what it is and using it for something else entirely] so it made the most sense to ask about it the LL [as mentioned in the thread I had tried PI before and not had alot of replies] as it would have a higher % of women posting then other forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Snyper will make no comment on this subject..

I would be hit with the ban hammer so hard id need staples in ma head :D

And how do you spell the plural of monkies/eys

:eek:

Monkeys.

I get to inform you of the plural and I get to say monkeys. It's a win/win situation for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Peared wrote: »
    Whats the feckin story with this place? When the Ladies Lounge opened first I asked if it wold be boring or if the fellas would pop in and mock us. Strangely though, the one thing I didnt anticipate was the absolute b*tchiness that goes on in here. Yes there are a lot of good arguments and interesting posts and people just disagreeing but my god, theres an awful lot of nastiness too.

I went to a Loreto and I gotta say this place is starting to remind me of my days there. I think, if it continues to escalate in this manner, the Ladies Lounge will eventually implode.

Any thoughts?

I havent been a member for long but from what I have read of the LL, I dont like a lot of it . I spend more time on the BGRH threads. There arent many genuine LADIES here. Being a female does not qualify you being a lady. I joined one thread about pyjamas and I was called a knacker and other stuff. (Why cant a woman be more like a man?) Im not surprised or shocked. "Maybe there should be a Real Ladies Lounge" and " Im Impersonating A Lady Ladies Lounge"?:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I was off in hospital, and when I returned, LL was in full swing. It's a good thing for boards.ie (where about 75 percent of posters are male?). And besides, to keep things in balance and somewhat real in our virtual world, a little b*tchiness every now and then could be a good thing?

• Advertisement

I was off in hospital, and when I returned, LL was in full swing. It's a good thing for boards.ie (where about 75 percent of posters are male?). And besides, to keep things in balance and somewhat real in our virtual world, a little b*tchiness every now and then could be a good thing?

Yeh, but too much bitchin gets tedious. Maybe Ive been around too long !Ive been in the teens,the 20,s the 30s,and Im headin to the 40s(cough,cough,).Ive heard it all. The same things just go round and round. I mean, I love constructive crit****m, and a good argument,but it all gets very insulting and crude here. I find myself skipping stuff , and I just get bored about 3 answers in.

"Maybe there should be a Real Ladies Lounge" and " Im Impersonating A Lady Ladies Lounge"?:D

Everything out of context looks like b!tchiness - the pyjamas thread in question wasn't a general comment on pyjamas it was a thread about people who wore their pyjamas outside to go the shops and what not. The majority of people posting [I belive the poll was 5 for it and about 75 No's] thought it was knackerish - thats peoples opinion not bitchiness just because it wasn't the same as yours doesn't mean theres some big femnazi conspiracy to take over. And as for people acting like ladies you gave as good as you got in fairness.

ok seriously this an internet message board your always going to have people acting like twits, trolls wandering in, people whose opinions you just don't like etc etc If we did have a super b!tich hairy armpits feminist board and prissy sugar and spice pink lace girly girl board you'd still end up with some issues. A femnazi whose just not dedicated enough and won't burn their bra outside their office to shove it to the man or the girly girl who takes it to far and dyes her poor dog pink to match her phone.

Other then getting the mods to go super nazi with the ban stick thus putting pretty much everyone off posting I can't see much way around this other then saying lets all chill and take it one thread at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

I havent been a member for long but from what I have read of the LL, I dont like a lot of it . I spend more time on the BGRH threads. There arent many genuine LADIES here. Being a female does not qualify you being a lady. I joined one thread about pyjamas and I was called a knacker and other stuff. (Why cant a woman be more like a man?) Im not surprised or shocked. "Maybe there should be a Real Ladies Lounge" and " Im Impersonating A Lady Ladies Lounge"?:D

Continuity Ladies Lounge:D?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

I mean, I love constructive crit****m, and a good argument,but it all gets very insulting and crude here. I find myself skipping stuff , and I just get bored about 3 answers in.
    You should try being a girl on the Self Defense & Martial Arts Forum, where it's probably 99 percent male. Oh, there are some good lads there, but then again there's this perception by many that a girl can rarely measure up if confronted by a male in the streets, as if size, weight, and aggressiveness were the most important things, and not will and skill. This "mood" carries over into the discussions too of just about anything. To be fair, I have started a few threads there and been taken seriously for the most part, and the SD&MA mods are grand, but that doesn't change the mood, which discourages many a girl from frequenting that forum. LL is very different, and although it has it's weaknesses as all forums do, the gender views and moods are not heavily leaning towards the male point of view.

as if size, weight, and aggressiveness were the most important things, and not will and skill

I meet this guy in august whose in a wheelchair and runs his own martial arts school - he showed me video from some big martial arts met in the uk where a bunch of really big guys laughed at him when he said he could take them all down. He kicked all their asses cus he was more skilled and they thought brute force would win it for them...bloody funny stuff.

ztoical wrote: »
    Everything out of context looks like b!tchiness - the pyjamas thread in question wasn't a general comment on pyjamas it was a thread about people who wore their pyjamas outside to go the shops and what not. The majority of people posting [I belive the poll was 5 for it and about 75 No's] thought it was knackerish - thats peoples opinion not bitchiness just because it wasn't the same as yours doesn't mean theres some big femnazi conspiracy to take over. And as for people acting like ladies you gave as good as you got in fairness.

ok seriously this an internet message board your always going to have people acting like twits, trolls wandering in, people whose opinions you just don't like etc etc If we did have a super b!tich hairy armpits feminist board and prissy sugar and spice pink lace girly girl board you'd still end up with some issues. A femnazi whose just not dedicated enough and won't burn their bra outside their office to shove it to the man or the girly girl who takes it to far and dyes her poor dog pink to match her phone.

Other then getting the mods to go super nazi with the ban stick thus putting pretty much everyone off posting I can't see much way around this other then saying lets all chill and take it one thread at a time.
    Fair enough, 5 in the minority is imho being an individual. Ive been doing this long before it became "fashionable/unfashionable".There is no need to start namecalling. That is the height of bitchiness, I think.

Fair enough, 5 in the minority is imho being an individual. Ive been doing this long before it became "fashionable/unfashionable".There is no need to start namecalling. That is the height of bitchiness, I think.

I honestly don't think it was meant as a personal attack on you or anything like that. I think we've all done at some point in our lives, seen someone walking down the street and thought dear god they look like a slapper, whore, knacker, idoit, etc etc And at the end of the day it was a thread asking people their opinion on it and some people [and I have to say myself included] don't like it, some expressed that opinion stronger then others.

ztoical wrote: »
    I meet this guy in august whose in a wheelchair and runs his own martial arts school - he showed me video from some big martial arts met in the uk where a bunch of really big guys laughed at him when he said he could take them all down. He kicked all their asses cus he was more skilled and they thought brute force would win it for them...bloody funny stuff.
    LOL! Well, I'm only 20, but was glad to have trained in MA since 10, especially when this large drunken bloke cornered and attacked me when alone at night in Dub a couple years past. Will and skill counts!

Is this b*tchiness, or just a different point of view in our male dominated cyberworld? It would seem that the "more together" lads on boards like the fact that LL exists, too? I bet many of them brouse LL, even if they don't comment!

LOL! Well, I'm only 20, but was glad to have trained in MA since 10, especially when this large drunken bloke cornered and attacked me when alone at night in Dub a couple years past. Will and skill counts!

found one of his videos here http://youtube.com/watch?v=IQc1tD-30Js

Is this b*tchiness, or just a different point of view in our male dominated cyberworld? It would seem that the "more together" lads on boards like the fact that LL exists, too? I bet many of them brouse LL, even if they don't comment!

theres a couple of lads who post here pretty regularly *cough*monkeyfudge*cough*

People keep comparing LL to Bear and Guts and how this is meant to be the female version of that but plenty of gals post there and they are very welcome there so why do you want another bored just like that? Ok a few threads got taken to far but I'd like still to have the odd "serious" thread on here - I really wanted peoples feedback on the menstural cups and I really wanted peoples feedback on getting bra fittings - I think these are threads suited to LL not PI.

• Advertisement

You should try being a girl on the Self Defense & Martial Arts Forum, where it's probably 99 percent male. Oh, there are some good lads there, but then again there's this perception by many that a girl can rarely measure up if confronted by a male in the streets, as if size, weight, and aggressiveness were the most important things, and not will and skill. This "mood" carries over into the discussions too of just about anything. To be fair, I have started a few threads there and been taken seriously for the most part, and the SD&MA mods are grand, but that doesn't change the mood, which discourages many a girl from frequenting that forum. LL is very different, and although it has it's weaknesses as all forums do, the gender views and moods are not heavily leaning towards the male point of view.

Fair play to you. Because Im only small Ive always talked my way out of trouble. Its the namecalling that gets me. I know when you are young its sometimes your only weapon, but...................

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement