Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B*tchiness

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

Silverfish wrote: »
    Baudelaire, if that's your only reason for the response above, then please don't post unless you actually have something to contribute.

If you are posting for the purpose of irritating another poster, that's trolling, and I'll ban for that.

I replied giving my opinion of recent events and how at this point they just bore me, thaedydal responded with exactly the type of post that I had said in my first post were the kind that I was sick to death of listening to so I responded with a "Yawn" thus indicating my boredom of it all, takola then gets on her high horse and mistakes what I was conveying and calls me bitchy so I replied to put her straight about exactly what I meant where I was told by her (in an extreamly bitchy childish manner) not to post so at that point I just got tired of it because frankly both of them had said that if I didn't like what someone just posted to just ignore it but if they'd have both listened to their own advice instead of inflicting it on others this all wouldn't be happening. Obviously their own advice doesn't apply to them if they don't like someone elses opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Baudelaire learn to use the ignore feature, you don't have to read my posts.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Baudelaire learn to use the ignore feature, you don't have to read my posts.

Nor you mine

Baudelaire wrote: »
    Nor you mine

I am not the one who has a problem remaining civil and had posts deleted from this very thread but if you don't want my advice about the ignore feature then fair enough.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Learn to use the ignore feature and the report post button.

Back on topi..... wait.

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I am not the one who has a problem remaining civil and had posts deleted from this very thread but if you don't want my advice about the ignore feature then fair enough.

So you see no irony in the fact that both you and takola didn't like my posts so you decided to reply to tell me that if I didn't like someones post I should ignore it? give me a break

Could someone please tell Baudelaire I am not arsed playing who got the last word please as I have her on ignore and really I hope she has found the ignore function her self.

Kthxsbye.

How mature :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

14599145a4941383495ml.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Baudelaire wrote: »
    How mature :rolleyes:

On an aside

Man oh man, how I hate the rolleyes icon. If someone rolled their eyes at me in real life, I'd just walk away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I don't see that much bitchiness in here? Though there's one or two posters that baffle me and need to chill the fock out. Apart from that I think it's grand.

You can't expect it to just be a female version of the BGRH. I think this place is great and the few of us that now hang around together are having a ball so it's all good in my hood!
    :cool:

Yeah i pretty much agree with that part. havent seen that much but there'll always be people who just feel they have to make a smart comment...god knows why coz you'll notice its not for any particular reason half the time. i stay Neutral theres no point getting any way worked up over Strangers(to me anyway) on a Screen that you dont know personally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Niamho! wrote: »
    on a Screen that you dont know personally!

My screen and I are very close I'll have you know.

Learn to use the ignore feature and the report post button.

See that?

That's a warning.

Stop the sniping.

See that?

That's a warning.

Stop the sniping.

Not sure if this was directed at me but just to clarify, my comment was not intended as snypy, just as a rather sh!t joke. :)

No, not you :)

[Silverfish's pet] I'm a good girl [/Silverfish's pet]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

is it just me or is that kind of arousing?

tbh wrote: »
    is it just me or is that kind of arousing?

YORE FACE is ar....

no wait

I know I'm turned on! Oh no wait, I just pissed myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Bitching about bitchiness has got to be the height of bitchiness.

:D:D

There are some people who take themselves VERY seriously on LL but in saying that most of the advice I have gotten has been great. I do tend to ignore some of the more argumentative posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Okes... I have read this thread over twice jsut to make sure i didn't miss anything. You guys are all using the term bitchy etc but would it be the same word used if it was in a prodominatly male forum. I dont' think its bitchiness, i think that it is jsut differing opinions and as Silverfish and Thaedydal have both said use the ignore function.

Personally i love a good ould banter from time to time but i do see a lot of threads being derailed into womens lib arguement, as watna said just cuz you like perfume your a ditsy women who wears it for there men. Can ya not jsut want to use it to cover your bo smell!

Some need to chill out, some need a dose of cop da fook on, but if we were all the same how bloody boring would this place be... there would be pics of the same man in the form thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Oh my good god! The irony here in this thread is making me love women more than i thought i could..

This got to be the best ever.

Stop the bitching in the bitchness thread.

Great reading :D

Hey I posted in the prefume thread :p

I started a tread about a pink HD just to say YAY! i had ordered one and Jesus H Christ!!!!!

Myself and the boyfriend were looking in over the weekend etc and we were so surprised :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

At the moment I think there's a pretty good balance of threads on here - plenty of lighter threads - your ideal pet, your snack food of choice etc etc and a few that I'm sure some would see as the more serious threads like the bra fittings and the contraception threads etc etc Theres also the relationship threads and the eye candy/do you think he is hot type threads. These are exactly the type of variety of threads I expected to find on this bored - theres really a little something for every gal there and if there isn't well then start a thread about what you want to talk about - I fell the mods are on the ball and will nip any trollish/bitchy comments quickly.

And honestly this does happen in alot of forums - theres a thread currently on the film board complaining about the state of that forum. You'll never please everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

All right my 2 cent! I have read the entire thread and followed the arguments, I don't really see that much bitchiness in the forum, or maybe my radar just doesn't pick up on a lot of it. I see posters who I percieve as being a bit girly (that is a neither a compliment or insult) and those that would be quite feminist (that is a neither a compliment or insult) and those that are somewhere in between (that is a neither a compliment or insult). I think diversity is what makes things interesting and as Jules said it would be boring otherwise! If people want to get ratty and have a good set to, fine but don't get personal and if it upsets you don't get involved (mods excepetd of course who need to draw the lines).

In relation to some of the comparisons with male dominated (no puns intended) forums you need to look at the ethos of what the forum is about. This forum deals with mainly womens issues both serious and light and that is well and good. BGRH however rarely does serious and that is the way we like it, taking the piss / farting / belching / and winding people up (with humour) is part of our ethos, just read the charter sometime, in fact I remember one lost poster who posted a serious thread in BGRH and brother Tom locked (or moved can't remember which) it before the guy got ripped to shreads, for his sake as it seemed an honest mistake. At the end of the day, it's the internet, it's boards, look before you leap. Caveat Emptor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

if theres something Serious I tend just not to post because im not Great at all that Argument stuff and i dont wanna rub anyone up the wrong way, i really only come on for the light-hearted stuff.
    but its not just the ladies lounge. since i joined here ive noticed there seems to be a couple of people who generally seem to take pleasure in just being Horrible. I always imagine they have to have issues with themselves to have to come onto a Forum where they possibly dont know anyone, and just be a blatant Fooker about everything. theres no need.
    Thats it. Rant over. :)

Niamho! I can honestly say while I enjoy the debate and discussion nothing here has ever upset me, frustrated me sure while I try to figure out things but it's not due to anyone here nor am I intending to upset people.

I don't see why you can't join in with your take and arguement in a thread, what better way to learn how to do it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Niamho! wrote: »
    if theres something Serious I tend just not to post because im not Great at all that Argument stuff and i dont wanna rub anyone up the wrong way, i really only come on for the light-hearted stuff.
    but its not just the ladies lounge. since i joined here ive noticed there seems to be a couple of people who generally seem to take pleasure in just being Horrible. I always imagine they have to have issues with themselves to have to come onto a Forum where they possibly dont know anyone, and just be a blatant Fooker about everything. theres no need.
    Thats it. Rant over. :)

Snap!

That and I just couldn't be arsed :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

ztoical wrote: »
    a few that I'm sure some would see as the more serious threads like the bra fittings
    :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement