Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling plate off imported car?

Options
  • 11-02-2008 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I just bought a second hand car from N. Ireland. I was just wondering if I can sell the reg, seeing as I will be getting a new Irish one with the VRT payment? It's not particularly special but the English go for them apparently because they disguise the age of the vehicle...

Anyone here sold the reg of the car they were importing into Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

If the export section (v5?) of the log book was filled out and sent by the seller, then I'd imagine that they reg is no longer yours to sell. Incidentally, you can only put on reg plates that are the same age or older than the car in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Deliberator

Thanks eoin_s, I 'll check up on what the dealer filled in. The reg is a 2008 one, so that may restrict my potential market a little.

Advertisement