Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Album of the Week #26 - Alice In Chains - Facelift

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great album! from that great opener track "we die young" to the last track "real thing"its just absoulute class :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Ho-Hum

"Scaaaaaaaary's on the wall" this was the sneer that made me fall in love with Layne Staley's voice, it will always be one of my favourite intros to an album. He was an absolute legend and this is a really good album, wouldn't hesitate to reccomend it to anyone looking for some Seattle inspired rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

This album is ok but IMO things didn't fall into place with these lads until Dirt. It sounds a bit disjointed at times, it doesn't flow from start to finish like a really great album. There's still a bit of a hangover from their glam past though thank **** Queen Of The Rodeo didn't make it on :D

It's good, but they were only finding their sound here. Dirt is where the good stuff is.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Doctor J wrote: »
    This album is ok but IMO things didn't fall into place with these lads until Dirt. It sounds a bit disjointed at times, it doesn't flow from start to finish like a really great album. There's still a bit of a hangover from their glam past though thank **** Queen Of The Rodeo didn't make it on :D

It's good, but they were only finding their sound here. Dirt is where the good stuff is.

Dirt is there best album but i really like this album, some really class riffs on this record well worthy of anyone's collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

Love that guitar tone, if you could plug a lump of wood into a block of wood the intro to We Die Young is what it'd sound like.
    Woody!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

My favourite AIC album. "Bleed The Freak" and "Sunshine" are underrated gems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

A good album but weak in places. As Doctor J said, they were only finding their sound with Facelift and really achieved perfection with Dirt. Man in the Box is an ass-kicking mofo of a song though.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Wow, very fond memories.... I remember getting this on casette from Tommy in Sound Cellar when it first came out, and then seeing them support Megadeath (I think?) in the Point, only went to see AIC at the time as they didn't do their own headline euro tour with Facelift. I LOVE this album... not many turkeys on there IMO:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Jack Vegas wrote: »
    "Bleed The Freak" and "Sunshine" are underrated gems.

Most definitely! :) Although I don't feel they really discovered their true sound until Dirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

i've never been a huge AIC fan, but Facelift is very good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant forget "love hate love"either great song:)

Advertisement