Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford County Restaurant Reviews..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 salome74

HAVE YOU EATEN IN THE MOORINGS?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

salome74 wrote: »
    HAVE YOU EATEN IN THE MOORINGS?:)

Yeah-lovely food in a nice atmosphere (as well as great pints)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

does anyone know if the cosy thai in kilmeaden has closed? I was out that way last week and was gonna have a takeaway but it was closed and the phone just ringing out!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

was trying the phone for the cosy last Saturday. Engaged type tone all afternoon. A friend told me they were closed last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭jaxy999

Yeah-lovely food in a nice atmosphere (as well as great pints)

A word of warning about the moorings - if eating food, don't sit near the doorway leading out to the beer gardens as the ladies & gents are located just outside the door and they can emit a very unpleasent odour at times...........nice food and brillant beer garden tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

jaxy999 wrote: »
    A word of warning about the moorings - if eating food, don't sit near the doorway leading out to the beer gardens as the ladies & gents are located just outside the door and they can emit a very unpleasent odour at times...........nice food and brillant beer garden tho.

Must have been a while since you ate there Jaxy: I'm there most weeks for a lunch and pints:): the access door to the toilet area automatically closes when people exit and, unless my nose deceives me, the only aroma is of nice grub cooking;). Eat and drink there again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

was trying the phone for the cosy last Saturday. Engaged type tone all afternoon. A friend told me they were closed last week.

Passed there twice yesterday evening - closed both times (5.30pm & again at 9pm)

Maybe its the Thai New Year:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

scout353 wrote: »
    Maybe its the Thai New Year:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Don't they get enough toys for Christmas..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 deisekidd

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A NICE INTERNET CAFE YOU SHOULD GO TO SIP N SURF IN DUNGARVAN ON DAVITTS QUAY NEXT TO BUS STOP
    VERY NICE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A NICE INTERNET CAFE YOU SHOULD GO TO SIP N SURF IN DUNGARVAN ON DAVITTS QUAY NEXT TO BUS STOP
    VERY NICE

Deisekid there is no need to shout! :)

Yeah it used to be that way but they do have a door now. I've really liked the food there the three or four times i've gone. One odd thing though was that my OH got chicken wings there and while the chicken was piping hot the bone was freezing cold to touch.....not sure how that combo comes about!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 karenmaryobrien

Just had the most spectacular meal at Phuket Thai restaurant (attached to Saratoga pub) in Woodstown.

We had the early bird (starter + main course + tea/coffee: 18euro) but the menu prices outside of early bird times are also extremely reasonable (e.g. 11-14 euro for main course).

I shared dishes with my friend. We had spring rolls and tom yum gai (spelling?) soup for starters - both superb - but man, the tom yum gai was to die for. We had pad thai and thai red curry for mains both with prawns. Both absolutely beautiful with huge big succulent prawns.. and loads of em! Had freshly ground coffee to finish.

Fantastic. Really I cannot recommend this place highly enough! Authentic Thai food cooked by Thai chefs. Nice setting too - you can walk it off afterwards on Woodstown beach or have a few drinks in the Saratoga pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hi all,

Going to the Cliff House Hotel in Ardmore for a meal next weekend - just wondering if anyone has been there. The menu and pics of the food look amazing and I am really looking forward to it. Just wondering has anyone heard anything on same?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Have stayed there twice.
    Rooms are very nice with amazing bathrooms and views.
    Very clean.
    The food in the main restaurant is also amazing but make sure you take ur time with it as the flavours are so intense. I can't think of anything to fault.
    The only thing I dident like was The bar staff are very slow and I've sat there twice for 30min without anyone taking my order for wine from a wine list.
    Ooooh... try and get a window seat in the restaurant as the other tables are too close together and you have no privicy.

ENJOY

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Iv'e only had coffee and the like there OP but what you don't get from the pics is the atmosphere there is really nice. If you are up that way again try the white horses it's prob the nicest food iv'e had locally.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hear lots of good things about it alright. Was reviewed in todays Sunday Independent also.

Thanks for that lads - will let you know what it like early next week.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

Cliff House is amazing. I had the good luck to stay in one of their Cliff Veranda Suites which are actually two storey - bedroom and bathroom upstairs, living room and bar downstairs. There was a cabinet at the end of the bed and when you pressed a button a flat screen tv came up from inside it. Food is like nothing else you've ever seen around these parts, lots of playing with tastes and textures. You'll love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The Indian that replaced Bella Notte has closed and a new Italian has opened there. Haven't been in there yet but have seen a few people in there (more than I ever saw in Bella Notte)

I went into the Indian (Taste of India) when it first opened. Myself and my wife had a lovely meal and the service was excellent and good value. When leaving we said we'd be back.
    About 2 weeks later we got a take away. One dish was King Prawn Tikka Masala and when we opened it there was only 4 prawns. It cost 15 euro including rice. My wife rang to complain and they said because they were big that's all they give (they were no bigger than what we got elsewhere). Anyway we said we won't be going back and they said that was our choice being real dismissive about it. When we saw the place was closed we weren't a bit surprised. I hope the new place is more successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Was in Banyan in Tramore at the weekend, YUMMY, and the lovely cocktail bar,very nice to have one while you wait for your starter's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 obscurething

Myself and my mother have stayed there twice as a treat. The food is possibly the most amazing I have ever tasted. Salmon smoked at the table, strawberries cooked / presented 7 different ways, sea weed bread, sorbets make out of things you never imagined possible everything fresh and with a little twist, you will easily spend hours eating.

We loved every second. Very plush but very laid back, amazing bathrooms! big stand alone bath and lots of different lighting combinations. The views from the rooms is like sitting on a cruise ship. You won't need to look at that big telly. Really nice swimning pool and outdoor hot tub.

It is pricey but well worth it for a big chill out treat. Am very jealous.

• Advertisement

Well back from the Cliff House and I have to say, it was fantastic. I've been to 5 Michelin Star restaurants and this was of similar quality, which is the best compliment I can give.

I had pigeon leg and breast, with pigeon pate, foie grae (spelling), chanterelle mushrooms and apple....amazing. 97%

Then i had stuffed rack of lamb, lamb shoulder with herb crust, artichoke, cherry tomatoes, red wine jus, lemon mash and sweetbread nugget - 95%

Dessert, then was a bowl of strawberries with a creamy topping and a side portion of rice pudding, stawberry sorbet and a crunchy biscuit - 90%

Also had seaweed brioche and an amuse bouche of pea puree, small mushrooms and foam.

10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Just read this thread and now I'm STARVING!

Sounds like a great place for a weekend of wanton luxury.

It is wery good there but shouldn't this thread be in waterford county. If your in Ardmore be sure to try the Whitehorses also.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Moving to Waterford County..

Merging with the Restaurant Review thread. :)

Jees, Sully I was only asking......

Jees, Sully I was only asking......

Your wish was my command. :p

No, it should be here anyway I just never thought of it until you mentioned it!

hope I didn't upset anyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭PWR

Good option in Dungarvan, best ever lam burber, bit pricey though. Owner also does the famers market on a Thursday, excellent stall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

Chinese Restaurants :

Sea Palace - Dungarvan - Good Food- Staff ignorant

Mountain View - Kilmeaden - Delicious Food - staff friendly

Mings - Dungarvan- food nice - staff okay

The Kamboat - Dunmore Road - Food tasty - staff okay

EUROPEAN AND IRISH FOOD

Rocketts - Tramore - sick of looking at the same average menu - staff okay

The Spinnaker - Dunmore - horrible food - staff are not the sharpest as far as service is concerned

The Pine rooms - Tramore - nice food - way too dear. prices have gone up in the recession!! - staff okay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

joeduggan wrote: »
    The Spinnaker - Dunmore - horrible food - staff are not the sharpest as far as service is concerned

I go there quite a bit and I really enjoy the food. It is on the pricey side though, but I find that most places are.

Advertisement