Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slightly Odd One...

Options
  • 11-02-2008 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

paddy Power are listing dustin the turkey at 10s to win the eurovision. The Ireland selection is by public vote so he has to be favoured to win there, and surely for the novelty factor alone he has to have a good chance in belgrade. not quite premier league or six nations but a bet's a bet...

your thoughts??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Not a chance.
    Western countries haven't a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Forky wrote: »
    Not a chance.
    Western countries haven't a hope.

Have to agree.. It seems the Baltic and Eastern countries always give their points to their various border sharing countries. It may be a long time before Ireland come close again. I know those strange guys from Finland (and they are near to the Baltic region) won it 2 years ago but 6 of the last 7 have been won by Baltic/Eastern european countries and that may continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I think you'd need a lot bigger than 10/1 before you'd be approaching value.

He has to negotiate the Irish Song Contest (and this may not be as much of a given as people believe), then the Semi Finals of Eurovision, and then a 24 song final.

I'd want 100s+ to be interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

10s?
    10,000's would be more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'd want 100s+ to be interested.

~8/1 back and ~9/1 lay is now the price on Betfair, so I was way off with my earlier post.

£230 available at Evens on him to qualify out of his semifinal by the way.
    I'd be tempted by this, as I think he'll get quite a lot of publicity that week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Betting for him to reach the final would be the better bet!

Their is a thread about this in AH and one poster pointed out that if we sent U2 we probably still wouldn't win!

Advertisement