Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good sites for ordering from the USA with a twist..

Options
  • 11-02-2008 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Has anybody here successfully ordered pc parts from a US website and had them shipped to a US address..

> And by successfully I mean very little hassle..:D

I've been trying on newegg and one or two others but when signing up they assume you are in the USA and wont let you change the country and/or make you select a state..

Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

There's a woman on ebay who lets you for a small charge post the stuff to her address in the usa and she reposts it to ireland I think she charges around 20-30 dollars.
    I'll have a look for you as i can't remember .

Also you might get caught for import duty vat etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I will be getting the stuff shipped to a realtives address in New York then he will bring it home for me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

so if your getting it shipped to a relative's house in new york why do you need to change the counrty select on newegg?
    just put in your relative's address and your payment details

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

newegg will only accept a Credit Card registered to a US address

Yes I just discovered that..Does anybody know any sites that will accept my card and ship to within the US?

I also tried clubIT but they're the same as newegg..

EDIT: This is actually really annoying me now..I thaught it would be as easy as ABC..but now I have concerns about it being possible at all... RAGE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

techguy wrote: »
    Yes I just discovered that..Does anybody know any sites that will accept my card and ship to within the US?

Pretty sure outpost.com will allow you to do this. Some decent deals on it, some overpriced stuff.

Thanks guys..

An address in the USA is not a problem..
    The problem is I can't find a site that will accept my order with an irish credit card and then post to the USA address..

OMG outpost.com are thieves!! $319 for a Q6600!!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

try tigerdirect.com i went to one of there stores when i was over there and they offered to ship it back to ireland for me and mark it as replacement! Or you could use microcenter.com they have a store in boston and i got my watercooling stuff off them and an evga 8800gts for $380 when it was only released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Do newegg.com not take paypal? They'll take a verified paypal IIRC

• Advertisement
Advertisement